To upgrade or stay?

PatandStu

I booked a Bella inside & have just received an offer to upgrade. On the email it states my cabin number - I had no idea one had already been assigned to me! I like the location of that cabin if indeed this is where I’ll ultimately be.
To upgrade to Oceanview is minimum $60 CAD pp. But those are all on deck 5 under or over potentially noisy areas.  I’m concerned about claustrophobia in my inside so I’m struggling with my decision.  But that $60pp could pay for an excursion. Dang, I don’t like being on such a strict budget! 
I’ve read fabulous stories of folks booking Bella interiors & magically getting a balcony! A girl can dream, right? 
What would you do? 

In this case I wouldn’t bid. The “upgraded” room isn’t worth the risk of moving to a noisier room. 

I cruised on MSC last week and our table mates booked Bella and were given a balcony. 

I cruised in May with my sister. She booked Bella and ended up with an accessible room. She didn’t need it for accessibility but the extra space was really nice. 

On 11/25/2023 at 4:02 PM, PatandStu said:

To upgrade to Oceanview is minimum $60 CAD pp. But those are all on deck 5 under or over potentially noisy areas.  

The deck 5 OV on Virtuosa for example are so much bigger than a normal Inside cabin, for $60pp I would definitely consider.