London Hotel (Waterloo area) to Dover Port (and back) Transportation Questions

Pushkin

Although I've read this forum pretty extensively, I have a few unanswered questions:

(1) I have found a direct train from Waterloo East to Dover Priory, but I haven't seen mention of going from Waterloo to Dover.  Is it correct that you can board a direct train from Waterloo East to Dover Priory?

(2). Has anyone used Blackberry Cars to get to (and/or from) Dover cruise port?  Any other recommendations?

Thank you!

Andrea

Yes, you can get a direct train from Waterloo East to Dover.

By way of background.  Waterloo station and Waterloo East stations are side by side, connected by a walkway, but operationally entirely separate. 

Trains from Waterloo head off through south west London and on to Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire.

Trains from Charing Cross run though Waterloo East and then off through south east London into Kent.

• Like 1

Thank

22 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:

Yes, you can get a direct train from Waterloo East to Dover.

By way of background.  Waterloo station and Waterloo East stations are side by side, connected by a walkway, but operationally entirely separate. 

Trains from Waterloo head off through south west London and on to Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire.

Trains from Charing Cross run though Waterloo East and then off through south east London into Kent.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I used Blackberry in September from LHR to Dover and Dover to London Hotels.  They were very easy to work with, communication was great and they were on time.  I definitely recommend them.  We were a group of 5 so it made sense financially, maybe not so much for a smaller group.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WendyVF said:

I used Blackberry in September from LHR to Dover and Dover to London Hotels.  They were very easy to work with, communication was great and they were on time.  I definitely recommend them.  We were a group of 5 so it made sense financially, maybe not so much for a smaller group.  

Thank you. I think I will use them for a return trip. They were much more reasonable for a group than the cruise line. Bus shuttle to the airport.

WATERLOO station for Southampton and Portsmouth cruises, WATERLOO EAST for Dover cruises.

Station in Dover is called Dover Priory. A taxi ride from station to ship will cost about £10 to £12:

Public transport between Dover and LHR or LGW  is slow, convoluted and awkward, best by ship’s transfer bus for a singleton or precooked private transfer for two or more.

;

JB 🙂

Ps pre - booked, not pre - cooked 😄

Edited by John Bull