Explorer portside JS or aft JS?

HI All

I have a portside JS booked for my cruise on Explorer this June.

The Have a JS on the 7th Deck aft center that is open, I was wondering if I should just stay were I am or go with the aft.

I have stayed on the deck 6 JS aft and did not like it very much because you could jump over your rail and see into other rooms, or vice versa

My wife said that she would not rest in the room with the BL door open because she did not feel safe.

But this would be one deck up.

I will also have a 1 year old with us and thought the BL aft might be a bit bigger.

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Cruisejunkie4ever

I love afts, and book them when I can, but all the structure on the back of the voyager class ships has me a little turned off to the Jr suites back there. I have 9392 booked hoping its close enough to the corner so that I dont have to look through Masses of metal structure for an aft view.

The Jr.suites on deck 10 look like the balcony is completely covered and shady all the time. For a Jr. suite, I would consider a regular side cabin on this class of ship. I absolutely love those aft Jr suites on the Vision class though. As far as someone climbing over the rail to get in your cabin? Never a thought. I would think your neighbor is enjoying there cruise in the same manner you are...

We usually book JS and stayed in 1394 on the Mariner. However, I agree with ccletzgo about the looking through masses of metal structure to get that view from the aft cabin. The balcony was huge and I loved sitting out there in the morning or early evening before dinner.

We tried the JS aft again on the Enchantment and it was a great view. But the balcony was covered with soot/ash the entire cruise except for the last day when they washed it down after several complaints!!

Although I would think about the side balcony having a 1yr old. I would be careful as they can possibly climb up on the chairs or tables to look over the edge!

Archived