Guarantee balcony

zumbagold

45 minutes ago, zumbagold said:

Hello. First time on the Anthem for us. Is there such a thing as an unobstructed guarantee balcony? We don't mind where the room is, but don't want an obstructed one.

Thank You!

Yes - if you book something like a eg 4D guarantee - but those options are not offered much....

When we've booked one of those we've ended up over Central Park each time. I don't think there's any obstructed views there. After thinking it over I think they called one of ours an obstructed view because it was next to the wall of greenery but it really wasn't obstructed.

15 hours ago, zumbagold said:

Hello. First time on the Anthem for us. Is there such a thing as an unobstructed guarantee balcony? We don't mind where the room is, but don't want an obstructed one.

Thank You!

All quantum class ships have several balconies that have various levels of obstructions by the life boats.

I booked a balcony Guarantee on Odyssey for Thanksgiving 2022 without realizing this. We were assigned an obstructed view balcony it ended up being on of the ones with the worst obstructions. I put in a Royal up bid for just over minimum and ended up in a spacious or large ocean-view balcony(whichever one has the larger balcony not larger room).

I’ve never seen a guarantee unobstructed view for a balcony on Royals website but I’ve sometime seen different types of guaranteed cabins on travel agent websites. 

Edited by wreckem2013