South East Asia Cruise and vaccines

Bo1331

Personally, I would say no, but I am not the expert. 

I am travelling to these countries in a few months and I am from Canada.  The Canadian Government site that provides guidance for entry to countries for Canadians does not indicate that any vaccination is required, but does outline risks of certain health concerns that could be associated with travel to these countries.

I am certain that the US Government has a site that speaks to entry requirements for Americans to different countries.

Be clear about the difference between recommend vaccines and requirements.  Some governments require certain vaccines when entering or coming from certain countries.  You will get a document as proof.  .  You don't have to take recommend vaccines .

Yellow Fever is a good example of a vaccine a government may require for entry.  This can sometimes be specific to a region within a country and not the whole country.  Rules can change year to year based on disease outbreaks, etc. so what someone did 10 years ago might not pertain to now

You can find the best advice by visiting a travel clinic at most major pharmacies.  They will evaluate your trip and make recommendations.  This advice can extend to protection and treatment of travel diarrhea, altitude management etc.

Edited by Meander Ingwa

I don't know about the other countries, but Indonesia dropped their Covid vaccine requirement this summer.

I had a lot of "recommended" vaccinations before moving to Indonesia, but the reality for short-term visitors is that the most important thing is to be diligent in your mosquito protection.  Some of the nastier diseases like dengue (no vaccination available) and Japanese encephalitis (the vaccination available in North America is pricey and not very good) are mosquito borne, so if you can protect against those bites you can protect against the diseases.  

The Hepatitis A and B vaccinations are good for decades if not a lifetime, and are generally covered by insurance so it is a wise idea for travelers to have them at some point.

• Like 1