NCL BOGO Air Question

tonyfall1

Hello,

I booked my first NCL cruise for February using the BOGO airfare. I am pretty happy with my flights, they booked me on United.  They booked me for economy which is fine. There were numerous seats for economy for my return flight which I was able to pick the seats we like. For our flight to MSY there are numerous seats available but they are all either economy plus or premium, there are no economy ones to select. I assume we will just get one of the economy plus seats if we take no action and there are no economy seats to select.

Edited by tonyfall1

27 minutes ago, tonyfall1 said:

Hello,

I booked my first NCL cruise for February using the BOGO airfare. I am pretty happy with my flights, they booked me on United.  They booked me for economy which is fine. There were numerous seats for economy for my return flight which I was able to pick the seats we like. For our flight to MSY there are numerous seats available but they are all either economy plus or premium, there are no economy ones to select. I assume we will just get one of the economy plus seats if we take no action and there are no economy seats to select.

More likely is that United will upgrade one of their frequent flyers or customer's that paid more money that is currently in economy into those unfilled Plus seats.   And then they will assign you into the lower cost, now open, economy seats.

• Like 3

Or they could assign you to their even lower class..."A Wing and a Prayer"...where they actually assign you a seat outside on the wing. The good thing is there's lots of legroom. The bad thing is it gets a bit windy and chilly out there. That's where the prayers come in. Blankets cost extra...for your convenience.

6 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

Hello,

Some of those "not available" seats are being held back by the airline to be assigned later, including you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 11:38 AM, tonyfall1 said:

Hello,

We booked NCL BOGO Airfare for our trip to Barcelona. From SYR to JFK, we were on Delta, then Air France for the rest. We were able to book our seats on Air France. We did get assigned Delta seats, but those magically disappeared the day we checked in for the flight. We were guaranteed seats and those guarantees became Delta Economy Plus or whatever they call it. Extra legroom FTW!!!

I'm guessing you'll have the same result, unless others are upgraded their to the available economy plus seats based on status, etc. 

• Like 1