Azamara Cabin Upgrade possibility?

bluemusicnut

Hello,

We are going on our third cruise, so not extremely experienced!  We are on Azamara Pursuit, June 9 Springtime Wonders cruise.  I was disappointed to find all the Veranda rooms are sold out.  I booked an Oceanview with Chase Sapphire credit card program to get the points bonus.    

Azamara does not maintain a waitlist.  I have been checking back several times a day to see if a veranda becomes available on their website.  That is a lot of checking between now and June 9.  Does anyone know any tips for when is the best time to check?  Do they post cabins as soon as they have one available?  Thanks.

33 minutes ago, bluemusicnut said:

Hello,

We are going on our third cruise, so not extremely experienced!  We are on Azamara Pursuit, June 9 Springtime Wonders cruise.  I was disappointed to find all the Veranda rooms are sold out.  I booked an Oceanview with Chase Sapphire credit card program to get the points bonus.    

Azamara does not maintain a waitlist.  I have been checking back several times a day to see if a veranda becomes available on their website.  That is a lot of checking between now and June 9.  Does anyone know any tips for when is the best time to check?  Do they post cabins as soon as they have one available?  Thanks.

I would check again right before final payment is due, usually 90-120 days before sailing. 

Edited by Mackdogmolly
  • Thanks 1

Dear Mr Nut, we've been cruising with Azamara since 2010, and short of the Owner's Suite, we've booked into all the rooms at various times. For What It's Worth department, we love the Verandas, BUT. You are booked on a port intensive cruise. Trust me when I tell you that you won't be able to use your veranda for much other than possibly breakfast. They are great on sea days, but no so great on port days. And generally speaking, run close to $1000 more than the Ocean Views. That said, the Deck 6, obstructed view Oceanviews are some of the worst accommodations on board, narrow rooms, cramped, they would be great for a single traveler, but not for a couple. Been there, done that, won't do it again. As for getting an upgrade, I wouldn't count on one, unless the toilet is dead, a water main is leaking into your bed, or the noise level is unlivable. They do happen, just not very often. Hope this helps, we just got off 3 weeks on Onward this past week, Veranda across the Atlantic, Oceanview in the Med. Oceanview is a great choice for port intensive travel, and at this point, I would not book a Veranda for a port intensive cruise. Oh, the itinerary looks spectacular!

• Like 2