Carnival Panorama vs Carnival Firenze

MsSoCalCruiser

8 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

This is sort-of off-topic, but it still is Panorama vs. Firenza.  

I hated the off-site parking for the Panorama, and decided that I will probably use a local hotel's "park and sail" arrangement for my next Panorama cruise.  

Do passengers on the Firenza out of Long Beach use the on-pier parking structure or do they also get sent out to off-site parking?  Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I can't help you there. We were/are flying in to LAX from LAS for both cruises, and are using Carnival's ground transportation services to get to/from the port. It's a very nice comfortable bus.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Larry Berg said:

Sorry, I can't help you there. We were/are flying in to LAX from LAS for both cruises, and are using Carnival's ground transportation services to get to/from the port. It's a very nice comfortable bus.

@Mike45LC

Yes, Firenze guests get to use the parking garage.

Edited by pc_load_letter
  • Like 1

Long Beach parking info here:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1045/~/long-beach-cruise-ship-terminal-directions-and-parking

Firenze/Radiance use garage. Panorama off-site. Carnival added significant cruise passenger capacity without adding on-site parking capacity. Even for the on-site ships it makes for quite a gridlock-like experience in the morning with hundreds of cars attempting to go in and out in the same few hours. There is a separate thread already on the Panorama parking situation if you want more info and recent experiences.

• 3 weeks later...

I've sailed the Panorama twice and it truly is one of the nicest ships I've been on. I feel the layout was well thought out, accommodating the number of passengers on the ship, and we sailed during spring break the first time! I took my older aunts the second time this last March and it was still beautiful! We're setting sail on the Firenza next week. Looking forward to a similar layout, like the Panorama but with a few changes, and the Italian theme, making it a different experience.

I would not hesitate AT ALL to sail the Panorama. Catch me in a few weeks upon my return for a comparison between the two.

• Like 2

Did you have trouble with their HUB app? It kept disconnecting on us. It got very aggravating. We kept connecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi, but many times it would say no signal.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:47 PM, Larry Berg said:

Did you have trouble with their HUB app? It kept disconnecting on us. It got very aggravating. We kept connecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi, but many times it would say no signal.

I had the same issue every now and then with the wifi, usually it happened while I was trying to reserve our place in line for dining. That was frustrating.