Best or "Secret" Location On Board To Play Games With The Family?

3 hours ago, BlackForest said:

Super interesting that you set it up ahead of time in the MDR. Thanks!

But they will not say with whom they set it up. My guess is that you will find that all MDRs are closed to guests when not serving meals. Some ships have an adjacent smaller dining room that can be used as a conference room. You might have some luck inquiring about playing cards there. Better choices have been suggested: Viking Lounge, any bar that isn't packed, cafe promenade, etc.

• Like 1

As I said, it was probably particular to our cruise on the Jewel as we had 8 days at sea and going to Greenland where it was cold.

Breakfast and Lunch was basically on deck 4 of the MDR and 5 was open.  They closed it at 2:30 to start preparing for dinner when they used both floors of the MDR.  In fact, they actually had at least one gaming lesson in the MDR, I *think* it might have been for Bridge, or something like that.  I found out about it late in the cruise, so I"m not sure how often they did it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

As I said, it was probably particular to our cruise on the Jewel as we had 8 days at sea and going to Greenland where it was cold.

Breakfast and Lunch was basically on deck 4 of the MDR and 5 was open.  They closed it at 2:30 to start preparing for dinner when they used both floors of the MDR.  In fact, they actually had at least one gaming lesson in the MDR, I *think* it might have been for Bridge, or something like that.  I found out about it late in the cruise, so I"m not sure how often they did it.

Trying to get an answer from @steveru621 concerning whom he arranged this with.