Day in the Life of a 3yr old-need ideas

Cowie

Hi Everyone,

I will be taking my 3 year old on the Jewel of the Seas and need some ideas.

While we plan to use the Adventure Ocean club here & there we figure we need some good ole fashioned fun!

My idea is to do some sort of activity in port (beach) and then trying to figure out the evening stuff. We have a multi-generational group going with us. Figured we could let the kids eat early in the room or buffet then get them a sitter/grandma watch them at night?

I read another thread about going to the disco early-that sounds like fun!

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

cowie

Take them up to the sports deck and let them play around on the basketball court. DS also liked the deck parties with the music. Also if you have a laptop with a DVD player, DVD's come in handy when they need some down time.

We do daily "scavenger hunts" - come up with a list (draw crude pictures for a 3Y0 if he is a pre-reader) of things to look for - Orange hat, Yankee's t-shirt, british flag, whatever is going to be appropriate for the day's events. Let him cross off what he finds - it will keep him looking around. Do a different list everyday - things from the ship, things from pax, things you expect to see on shore (when we were going to be in Venice for example, we had statue of a winged lion, a gondola, someone with a pigeon on their head!). Bring a couple of inexpensive wrapped toys as prizes for when he gets 8 out of 10 - and a bonus if he gets 10 out of 10.

My DGD's first cruise was 3 years ago, when she was only 3 1/2. Once she went to Ocean Adventure Club we couldn't tear her away from the place! We'd take her swimming every day and she ate with us in the dinning room every night (except port days when we had activies that she was too young for).

We had early dinner and would send her back up to the kid club while we enjoyed the evening's show... then back to our room around 10:pm where we'd order the "cookie of the day" as a late night snack for her (or pizza if she wanted).

Was hard for her to get back to "regular" life - and she start talking about "next year" (we take a mid-winter cruise every year) as soon as we get back home. Your child will LOVE the kid camp!

Archived