Disney Wish - Deluxe Family Oceanview With Verandah VS Deluxe Oceanview With Verandah

D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

Just in the research phase for 2 to 3 years when my wife and I take our son, dil and 2 children (current ages 2 & 4 - boy & girl)

On a 4 night Bahama cruise out of Port Canaveral on Disney Wish.

Would it be too crammed for the family of 4 to stay in a Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah (Cat 05A) or would it be better to upgrade to Deluxe Family Ocean View with Verandah (Cat 04A) ?

Also, if we want connecting cabins do they both have to be the same category or can you get a Cat 04A beside a Cat 05A) ?

TIA …. Dave

The difference in size between those two cabins is not really a deal breaker IMHO.  Especially as the children are so small.  IIRC, you get a slightly longer, perhaps 4', cabin in the 4A category.  

I agree that for small children a Deluxe Oceanview (category 5 or 6) veranda cabin would be fine. The Deluxe Family (category 4) veranda cabin will have slightly more space by the veranda and may have a bed that drops from the wall in that space. When the dropdown bed is open, though, access to the veranda is limited.

From the deck plans for the Wish, it appears that Category 4 cabins don't connect to Category 5 cabins.

So, unless neither of the kids can/would use the upper bunk, I'd go with the Deluxe Oceanview.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mommb said:

I agree that for small children a Deluxe Oceanview (category 5 or 6) veranda cabin would be fine. The Deluxe Family (category 4) veranda cabin will have slightly more space by the veranda and may have a bed that drops from the wall in that space. When the dropdown bed is open, though, access to the veranda is limited.

From the deck plans for the Wish, it appears that Category 4 cabins don't connect to Category 5 cabins.

So, unless neither of the kids can/would use the upper bunk, I'd go with the Deluxe Oceanview.  

Good points and thanks for the feedback