What are your Vacation plans this 2024?

helloim_tay

Hey everyone, I'm starting to think about vacations for next year and wanted to get your input. My husband and I are planning to do an eastern Mediterranean cruise in May which will take us to ports in Greece, Italy and Croatia. After that, we're hoping to spend 2-3 weeks traveling somewhere else.

We were thinking of going to Southeast Asia after the cruise. Thailand and Vietnamd have always interested me most. However, it will be the rainy season in June/July when we're looking to go after our cruise. Has anyone been to that region during that time? Will the rain put a damper on our plans or is it still easy enough to get around?

Any recommendations for itineraries or specific places we should check out? I'd love to hear about your favorite destinations or experiences in Thailand, Vietnam or nearby countries. Beach time is a priority but we also enjoy culture, food and nature. Hoping to find a good mix of activities.

Also open to other suggestions if you think somewhere else would be better suited for that time of year. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and advice

Hi, June in Thailand is the rainy season but usually they are tropical showers that take place for a couple of hours and then sunny again. Temperature is around 85F° (30° Celsius) and humid but is such a great country that is worth the visit even in that time! I would suggest you to spend 4 nights in Bangkok, visiting the Royal Palace complex, Wat Po and Wat Arun buddist temples, the floating market of Damnersaduak ( 1.30 hr drive from Bangkok) where you have to go in the early morning.

In addition to Bangkok you can visit Ayutthaya the old Siam Capital and then go to the sea resort of Koh Lanta, very beautiful island that you can reach within 3 hours appx. taking a flight to Krabi, then van and boat transfers to the island!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mar1987 said:

Hi, June in Thailand is the rainy season but usually they are tropical showers that take place for a couple of hours and then sunny again. Temperature is around 85F° (30° Celsius) and humid but is such a great country that is worth the visit even in that time! I would suggest you to spend 4 nights in Bangkok, visiting the Royal Palace complex, Wat Po and Wat Arun buddist temples, the floating market of Damnersaduak ( 1.30 hr drive from Bangkok) where you have to go in the early morning.

In addition to Bangkok you can visit Ayutthaya the old Siam Capital and then go to the sea resort of Koh Lanta, very beautiful island that you can reach within 3 hours appx. taking a flight to Krabi, then van and boat transfers to the island!

I see, so that's a weird weather in thailand but thanks for the tips! Koh Lanta looks beautiful, I've heard such great things about the beaches and scenery there. Snorkeling in the clear waters also sounds amazing. It's really helpful to get a recommendation for breaking up our time between Bangkok and another seaside destination. We'll definitely need to look into flights and transportation details for visiting Koh Lanta as part of our trip. I think thailand is a good idea.

How about Singapore have you been there? I was thinking on visiting there instead of Vietnam after thailand instead. Any recommendations? 

16 hours ago, helloim_tay said:

I see, so that's a weird weather in thailand but thanks for the tips! Koh Lanta looks beautiful, I've heard such great things about the beaches and scenery there. Snorkeling in the clear waters also sounds amazing. It's really helpful to get a recommendation for breaking up our time between Bangkok and another seaside destination. We'll definitely need to look into flights and transportation details for visiting Koh Lanta as part of our trip. I think thailand is a good idea.

How about Singapore have you been there? I was thinking on visiting there instead of Vietnam after thailand instead. Any recommendations? 

Yes, Thailand is really worthy! Check Air Asia low cost flights from Bangkok to Krabi. I have also been in Singapore in June, which is the beginning of the monsoon season but still with some sunny days...Singapore is a modern town, more expensive than Vietnam, with skyscrapers, malls, nice waterfront walk with the Merlion statue (symbol of the city) but with old and typical areas to visit such as "Little India" with interesting hindu temples and the famous chinatown area with so many food places!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, helloim_tay said:

Forgot to tell you, from Koh Lantha you can reach another amazing island called Koh Lipe and you are in "Heaven"!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2023 at 6:13 PM, Mar1987 said:

Forgot to tell you, from Koh Lantha you can reach another amazing island called Koh Lipe and you are in "Heaven"!

Wow! Koh Lipe looks wonderful in photos, also known as “Maldives in Thailand”. I would love to visit this island, even if it’s rainy season. Thanks for the tip, @Mar1987!  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 3:44 PM, JourneyJim said:

Wow! Koh Lipe looks wonderful in photos, also known as “Maldives in Thailand”. I would love to visit this island, even if it’s rainy season. Thanks for the tip, @Mar1987!  

Yes, it really does looks like the Maldives but in thailand!