Kids club schedule examples?

lalalemon

Anyone know where I could find example schedules for the kids clubs on Britannia? Specifically Splashers and Surfers!

Also is there any leeway with ages? My eldest will be very nearly 9 at the time of cruise, so worried she may find Surfers a bit babyish.

Many thanks.

3 hours ago, lalalemon said:

Anyone know where I could find example schedules for the kids clubs on Britannia? Specifically Splashers and Surfers!

Also is there any leeway with ages? My eldest will be very nearly 9 at the time of cruise, so worried she may find Surfers a bit babyish.

Many thanks.

My understanding from talking with friends they are strict on ages and children can only attend the relevant group for their age. 

Yes they are strict on ages, my eldest is 6 and goes to Surfers, youngest has just turned 3 and is in Splashers. I think they age group is based in age at the time of embarkation, so even if they enter the next age range during the cruise, they stay in the kids club they started in.

They have themed days in both, unfortunately I don't have a copy of a schedule to share, but often you have pirate days, space day, dinosaurs etc, but if they don't want to take part in the organised games they still have air hockey, PlayStations and other games they can help themselves to. I'd have been made up if I had that on holiday when I was 8 or 9, in fact I'd be quite happy on the games consoles now at 38 😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Warrior85 said:

Yes they are strict on ages, my eldest is 6 and goes to Surfers, youngest has just turned 3 and is in Splashers. I think they age group is based in age at the time of embarkation, so even if they enter the next age range during the cruise, they stay in the kids club they started in.

They have themed days in both, unfortunately I don't have a copy of a schedule to share, but often you have pirate days, space day, dinosaurs etc, but if they don't want to take part in the organised games they still have air hockey, PlayStations and other games they can help themselves to. I'd have been made up if I had that on holiday when I was 8 or 9, in fact I'd be quite happy on the games consoles now at 38 😂

I would enjoy the pirate day and I'm 74🤣

• Haha 4

Many parents worry about the age range (I'm told by one of the kids club staff), but they often forget that their child is not the only one at the top of the age range. The staff are well used to dealing with all age ranges, there is no need to worry. I'm sure your daughter will have a fabulous time. The hours vary, e.g. according to if the cruise is off peak or peak, so I wasn't able to get you a sample schedule.

Age at sailing is rigidly adhered to.  Sometimes during school holidays booking are declined by the cruise line because you are trying to book with a child of an age where the club is full.  If you were all adults then you would be OK or if your child was a different age.

Regards John

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

It is a fair while since my daughter attended. Generally speaking we found information in the cabin as they know children's ages. Then daily news letters from the club. I suspect with the app situation things have moved on. It is about "registering" establishing who may sign the children in/out and then just attending. The youth team probably want to go through the rules and the set up with parents.  It is important for children to attend as soon as possible as friendship groups build on the early days of the cruise. If your child attends on the third day for example he/she my find everyone else has buddied up. I just turned up whenever and dropped child off then I looked in every half hour then every hour until we established she wanted to remain in club house for long period. It then becomes hard to get them to leave as they want to remain.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 1

You can register them for the clubs shortly before you go away, which saves you a job when you're on board, then each morning the release the slots for the following day's sessions, 10am -12noon, 2pm-5pm and 6pm-11pm, the morning session is only available on sea days. Sessions are booked through the "My Holiday" 'app' (intranet page).

Parents/guardians will scan the kids in and out during those sessions, it's all worked really well for us.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Warrior85 said:

You can register them for the clubs shortly before you go away, which saves you a job when you're on board, then each morning the release the slots for the following day's sessions, 10am -12noon, 2pm-5pm and 6pm-11pm, the morning session is only available on sea days. Sessions are booked through the "My Holiday" 'app' (intranet page).

Parents/guardians will scan the kids in and out during those sessions, it's all worked really well for us.

Thanks did you ever find spaces were full?

5 hours ago, m011d402 said:

Thanks did you ever find spaces were full?

They do get booked up during school holidays, but my wife is quick off the mark as soon as the spaces are made available each day, so i think we've only been caught out once. Even if you don't get a space at first, people may cancel if their plans change so you could always check with the staff on the doors to see if there is any room ad hoc.

• Thanks 1