Walkable from the pier

Boowaaccaa77

Royal Caribbean ships dock mostly at Crown Bay. Emerald Beach is about 1 mile or less from that dock, so most people can walk, but it can be very hot. You can see the sidewalks and way to the beach on Google maps.

Amazing - thank you Ms411!  We can definitely walk 1 mile without issue.  My family doesn't like to get off the ship, lol, so I hate to pay for something all day (i.e. go to the beach by taxi) when they just want to get back on in 30 mins.  I will google map it.  

14 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Royal Caribbean ships dock mostly at Crown Bay. Emerald Beach is about 1 mile or less from that dock, so most people can walk, but it can be very hot. You can see the sidewalks and way to the beach on Google maps.

Is it a resort or a public beach?  Google is saying a resort.

All beaches in VI are open to the public, so yes, even though a resort is on the property, cruisers are welcome to rent chairs, eat at the restaurant, and use the bathrooms. 

A portion of the beach further down that is not maintained by the resort, and more locals use that part of the beach.

Further down is a small inflatable water park, Splash Zone, that has a snack bar and picnic tables.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...