Ghibli Park in Nagoya

shonadamson

My son has told me the one big thing that he wants to do in Japan is go to Ghibli Park in Nagoya. I am taking the Celebrity Millenium on the June 8th sailing.  I was wondering if people thought it was possible to do this from the Shimizu (Mount Fuji) port. I had wanted to do it from Kyoto, but Ghibli Park is closed on Tuesdays. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, shonadamson said:

My son has told me the one big thing that he wants to do in Japan is go to Ghibli Park in Nagoya. I am taking the Celebrity Millenium on the June 8th sailing.  I was wondering if people thought it was possible to do this from the Shimizu (Mount Fuji) port. I had wanted to do it from Kyoto, but Ghibli Park is closed on Tuesdays. Thoughts?

https://ghibli-park.jp/calendar/
In June The park will close on Tuesdays and from 18th June thru 25th June. 

https://ghibli-park.jp/access/

Shimizu port is not near any high speed rail line. Will take you > 4hrs travel time from Shimizu to Ghibli Park.
My personal advice is a pre-cruise visit Ghibli Park. If you fly-in Tokyo, 1.5 hr Shinkansen train ride to Nagoya, or flyi-n Osaka, 30 min Shinkansen train ride to Nagoya. From Nagoya is another 60 min train journey to Ghibli Park.

Michael

1 hour ago, shonadamson said:

I am just researching through google. Does Shizuoka Station have shinkansen?

Yes the Kodama and Hikari (slower) shinkansen stops at Shizuoka Station. To Nagoya it's a 60 - 75 min travel time and train frequency is every 40-60 min. 
There is no direct public transport from Shimizu cruise terminal to Shizuoka Station (9 miles away), either 45 min train ride (transfer in Shin-Shimizu), or a 25 min taxi ride.
Even with a perfect travel coordination, prepare a 2.5 hrs travel time to Nagoya.