luggage storage in Papetee

Hi. Has anyone used the luggage storage facility in the Papetee airport? We will be doing a post cruise in Bora Bora and the luggage limits on very low on Air Tahiti. What is the facility like - individual bins, or is all the luggage together? Approximately what is the price of storing bags for 5 nights? We will probably have one large suitcase, possibly two.

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

We used the luggage storage facility in September 2004 for our post-cruise stay in Manihi. We stored one large suitcase (with locks put on it that we had carried along for this purpose). The facility has a front counter and a backroom with wooden racks for storing the baggage. Some suitcases were stored on the floor but I was glad to see ours go onto one of the racks. When we returned 3 1/2 days later our bag was still in the same spot where I had watched them place it. I seem to remember it cost us between $30 and $35 for that period of time. I had kept with me a complete listing of the contents of the bag just in case we ended up with an insurance claim but everything was absolutely fine and I would use them again if need be. It sure made our travel to Manihi easier.

Kathy,

Thank you so much. That sounds like just what we need. Even though the PG is not formal, I know I will be bringing some things that i will not be needing once we are in Bora Bora. You have made this so much easier.

Archived