Day room Vancouver

kayehall

28 minutes ago, kayehall said:

I am looking at the Hyatt Burrand Ave Vancouver for a day room after our cruise.  I think we can walk there with our suitcases.  Any thoughts???

It's walkable. Slight incline from the water but nothing too bad. First you need to make sure they offer a day room on the date you're looking for-- day use availability can be scattered these days especially among the major brands. There used to be a ton of them when things were slow coming out of covid but day use availability in downtown areas dried up as things have gotten busier. 

If you are looking for a day rate before a flight out one of my favorites is the Fairmont at Vancouver Airport. Food is great, rooms are nice, a small pool and hot tub, and the best part is you're already at the airport. 

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

It's walkable. Slight incline from the water but nothing too bad. First you need to make sure they offer a day room on the date you're looking for-- day use availability can be scattered these days especially among the major brands. There used to be a ton of them when things were slow coming out of covid but day use availability in downtown areas dried up as things have gotten busier. 

If you are looking for a day rate before a flight out one of my favorites is the Fairmont at Vancouver Airport. Food is great, rooms are nice, a small pool and hot tub, and the best part is you're already at the airport. 

Fairmont was my first choice but I found out that we have friends boarding the same day we are departing (different ships).  So I thought that maybe we could drop bags at hotel and spend some time near the cruise port to see them.  Maybe a quick coffee or breakfast near the port.  Kind of waiting to see what hotel they choose to stay at the night before.  If it gets too complicated, we will just book the YVR Fairmont.  Thanks for your feedback!!!