Jade - Promenade Deck Lounge Chairs?

Chrissy3427

Good day everyone.

Can anyone share with me if there are lounge chairs on the Promenade (lifeboat) deck on the Jade? If so, about how many?

This is my favorite spot on any ship and I have seen some ships with barely any loungers, and just recently got off a ship that had plenty.

I had heard the Coast Guard was limiting the chairs for safety reasons which makes perfect sense.

Thanks All!

We disembarked on Sunday and also confirm there is not a single chair on that deck - a real shame as this too is one my favourite areas. We don't sunbathe and prefer to have a spot in the shade outdoors to read but this was very difficult, and on sea days impossible, to find. 

That and the inclusion of the Starbucks cafe in the atrium rather than an atrium bar were the biggest knocks against the design of the ship vs. what we are accustomed to on ships of that age/size. Otherwise, a beautiful ship in excellent condition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JillK said:

We disembarked on Sunday and also confirm there is not a single chair on that deck - a real shame as this too is one my favourite areas. We don't sunbathe and prefer to have a spot in the shade outdoors to read but this was very difficult, and on sea days impossible, to find. 

That and the inclusion of the Starbucks cafe in the atrium rather than an atrium bar were the biggest knocks against the design of the ship vs. what we are accustomed to on ships of that age/size. Otherwise, a beautiful ship in excellent condition.

I seek out the unwanted seating areas - not near the pool or a bar. Usually aft part of decks.

Yes, they may all be taken on a sea day.

Cabin balcony is the back up.

13 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I seek out the unwanted seating areas - not near the pool or a bar. Usually aft part of decks.

Yes, they may all be taken on a sea day.

Cabin balcony is the back up.

That is where we found the Jade to be lacking.... there weren't many loungers that offered shade elsewhere on the ship. 

We had an outside cabin so no balcony sitting for us this trip. We either spent time at the tables in the Great Outdoors or one day just read and played cards in the Spinnaker lounge. 

We just really did miss the loungers that used to be on the promenade deck on older ships and which we enjoyed last year on both the Getaway and Carnival Panorama as the new, big ships build out more robust offerings on this deck. 

Didn't stop our enjoyment of the cruise of course, just would have been a popular option I think for a lot of folks who weren't up at 6:00 am to grab something with a splash of shade at the pool deck. 

Edited by JillK

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I’m catching up after having spent a 5 night cruise on The Jade. It was refurbished in 2021 and is a beautiful ship. About your question regarding lounging on the promenade deck. There are none. Promenade deck is deck 7. Lifeboats hang above this deck. It appears it would not be practical for loungers on this deck for safety reasons. 

However,on the pool deck there are a lot of loungers, and many tables with chairs in the sun or not 

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 7:01 PM, CAKEisgood said:

About your question regarding lounging on the promenade deck. There are none. Promenade deck is deck 7. Lifeboats hang above this deck. It appears it would not be practical for loungers on this deck for safety reasons. 

IMG_0593.jpeg

Looks like the big loungers that use to be on Coral Princess have also disappeared, but replaced with wood slat chairs and small tables. It’s better than nothing, and I’m wondering if NCL could do the same thing? Coral Princess also has a sheltered promenade deck with lifeboats hanging above. 

Here’s a recent picture for a visual that was recently posted by @arxcards currently on the Coral Princess in Australia…

IMG_7143.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

4 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Looks like the big loungers that use to be on Coral Princess have also disappeared, but replaced with wood slat chairs and small tables. It’s better than nothing, and I’m wondering if NCL could do the same thing?

That looks classy. On the Jade there are portions of the promenade deck that are wide enough to allow small table and chairs.  

• Like 1