Victory-Aft cabin on Upper Deck-Am I going to be happy?

Hi

Anyone been in cabin 6438 on Upper Deck on Victory? This will be a first with an aft cabin and a wife that gets seasick watching TV. We are on a group thing, maybe I should not have worked so hard for the upgrade. Please, anyone out there with some comforting news.

Next week, right? No advice, but if it's a problem I'll gladly trade my 4D with you...it's midship, no pesky windows icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too many days since the Legend (10/03)

Looking forward to Victory...6/04!!!

I sure hope so. I am in 6440 next Thursday with my DD for a CTN. I have been assured that there is no problem with movement....we'll see. I'll let you know when I get back.

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/17/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/23/04

ohhh- I had 6440 on the Victory when we sailed the Eastern Caribbean. Which is in the middle of the first deck (aft)- when you look down you will see water. nothing else. awesome. I dont get motion sickness so I didnt get any sea sick. Joe felt ill the first day-- once he got his bearings he was good to go the rest of the week. But you Mary are sailing in different waters so I cant promise that you will have the same thing.

For dinner we sat on the third tier of the dinign room by a window.- curious to see if people who sleep in that cabin will get that dining room) walk down one flight and there it is....how grand is that.

6440 is right on top of a lounge--and we heard not a peep the whole week. So if you are freting about that---dont.

Mary--I can not wait til you go on your cruise to nowhere.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

My husband and I were in that same room 4 years ago. You will love it, the balconies are much longer aft than on the side. I actually felt some dizziness (not really sick) on the balcony we had on the side this year. We loved our room on the Victory and will try to book her again soon. Have a great time. I didnt feel any more motion back there, and the view are spectacular especially sunsets.

Wayne....

Here is another post on the same subject you may be interested in.

upper deck...back of boat by tummydoor21

Ken & Nancy dog10.gif

12/2004 - Golden Princess

10/2004 - Fantasy Fest, Key West

03/2004 - Golden Princess

01/2004 - Carnival Legend

11/2003 - Carnival Glory

03/2003 - Carnival Spirit

02/2003 - Carnival Triumph

12/2002 - Carnival Legend

04/2002 - Carnival Victory

01/2002 - Carnival Sensation

12/2000 - Carnival Tropicale

puppy.gifcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;12;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until Sailing The Golden Princess

time98.gif

We got 6424 "L" shape cabin,Upper Deck 2nd from aft on the port side. Balcony is not a large as the aft ones, but larger than the others normal balconies.

This will be our first aft cabin too and have been wondering the samething.

I have read that the dining room that we will be assigned to you feel motion and as well as being above a lounge.

But several post have said no noise from the lounge.

We are sailing New York to Canada Sept 25, 2004.,so it may be the difference in the waters.

You guys that are going before us please come back and tell us all about the Victory and the cabins.

Thanks

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Victory New York to Canada 09/25/2004 Cruise

Victory Cruise New York to Halifax

Carnvial Sensation 2003

Carnival Fantasy 1993

***So Glad To Be Back Cruise Again

Ship.gif Carnival Victory New York to Canada

Serene...I think that's so funny that you were in 6440. We may well feel the motion going out of NY.

Haven't sailed from NY in over 35 years, so it should be interesting. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/17/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/23/04

I have a problem with motion sickness (very bad) and I sailed last September on the Victory and did get sick for the two days out to sea. My family said they felt no motion. I am now booked for Jul 22 on the same cruise to New England on midship. And I will be taking Anti Vertigo Meds 3 days fore and during. If anyone out there has a proven prevention for bad motion sickness please advise. I have sailed five times and got sick each day out to sea. And I do mean the KILL ME NOW kind of sick. But I do love to cruise and I will beat this.

Good Luck

capawana

cap: try the sea bands. I got a pair from Rite aid for 10 bucks. It uses acupresser points to keep the motion from getting outta hand.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

we had an 8a gty in Feb.on the Western route, we got upgraded to the Lido deck 9266, Great room, my wife gets sea sick (bad) and got the patch, even with the patch a few days she felt very queazy. Try to put it out of your mind and have a great time

Archived