San Pedro: Doubletree vs Crowne Plaza

Al2863

I've stayed at both...

I like the Doubletree for its relaxing environment--but it is farther away from most restaurants and from the pier.

Crowne Plaza is in a great location...Walking distance (if you want--about three blocks) to the pier...Lots of restaurants all around it.  I recommend San Pedro Brewing Company or the Green Onion (Mexican)...both within less than a block from the CP.  Lots of other choices as well.

For you, I'd say the Crowne Plaza as well.  

• Thanks 1

OK, I too was deciding between these two properties for a cruise last month.  I decided on the Crown Plaza for these reasons:  We liked keeping our car in the hotel garage. (We live about an hour 15 minutes from San Pedro.)  We liked the idea of having a 10 to 15 minute walk from terminal, if somehow the shuttle wouldn't work out.  (It did)  The hotel was just very convenient, if you are just staying 1 night- 2 at the most.  Breakfast was just fine.  While we didn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant, which had good reviews, plenty of people ate there.  We went to a movie around half an hour from hotel- grabbed dinner items from Whole Foods which was maybe 15 minutes from hotel-

and  just had dinner in our hotel room, which was really nice.  I would have stayed at Doubletree as it is in a prettier location,  but for the reasons I stated above, the Crown Plaza worked out really well for us.

1 minute ago, Jetswdo said:

OK, I too was deciding between these two properties for a cruise last month.  I decided on the Crown Plaza for these reasons:  We liked keeping our car in the hotel garage. (We live about an hour 15 minutes from San Pedro.)  We liked the idea of having a 10 to 15 minute walk from terminal, if somehow the shuttle wouldn't work out.  (It did)  The hotel was just very convenient, if you are just staying 1 night- 2 at the most.  Breakfast was just fine.  While we didn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant, which had good reviews, plenty of people ate there.  We went to a movie around half an hour from hotel- grabbed dinner items from Whole Foods which was maybe 15 minutes from hotel-

and  just had dinner in our hotel room, which was really nice.  I would have stayed at Doubletree as it is in a prettier location,  but for the reasons I stated above, the Crown Plaza worked out really well for us.

Thanks for the info, we did end up booking at Crowne.  Do you happen to know the cost of the shuttle to cruise?