Booking a 2025 cruise with FCC

Jacqueet

I have been trying to book a cruise for August 2025 using some FCCs I have for a deposit, yet every time I get to the last step, the ONLY option I have is to pay the full fare immediately. I usually use a TA but she doesn't work weekends and I can't get anyone on the phone at HAL, and I don't want to lose the aft verandah cabin I chose. Is this another web site glitch or am I missing something? TIA for any advice!

Maybe you are booking a "flash fare" which is a lower price requiring immediate full payment at time of booking. Is there an option to book at a higher rate and just hold the room? Then your TA can help you sort out the wrinkles on Monday.

2 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Please a hold on the cabin and then call Hal on Monday they can take the hold to a booking and then you can transfer to your travel agent. 

I saw the "hold" option but it says it's only good for a day, which would be Sunday and no help. Have you held a cabin for longer than a day?

1 minute ago, Spudd said:

Maybe you are booking a "flash fare" which is a lower price requiring immediate full payment at time of booking. Is there an option to book at a higher rate and just hold the room? Then your TA can help you sort out the wrinkles on Monday.

There was nothing that said "flash fare" and the rate I tried to book was the highest listed.

3 minutes ago, Jacqueet said:

I saw the "hold" option but it says it's only good for a day, which would be Sunday and no help. Have you held a cabin for longer than a day?

Yes but not all fares (or even itineraries) qualify for longer holds. I would encourage you to do the day hold to secure the cabin then keep trying to reach HAL as they are open weekends. Just remember they keep Pacific time hours.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jacqueet said:

The website says one day, and when you receive the confirmation email it will say five days.

• Like 1

I have tried to do as everyone suggests and place a hold on the booking but keep getting this error code: 

image.png.f3adf69e1fb41f1fb6b285841ac50529.png

At this point, I give up and will call tomorrow and try to get someone on the line. 🤦‍♀️

I just looked at my email and see that I now have TWO of the same cruise booked! 🤣

Edited by Jacqueet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacqueet said:

I have tried to do as everyone suggests and place a hold on the booking but keep getting this error code: 

image.png.f3adf69e1fb41f1fb6b285841ac50529.png

At this point, I give up and will call tomorrow and try to get someone on the line. 🤦‍♀️

I just looked at my email and see that I now have TWO of the same cruise booked! 🤣

Take one of us along! 😃

• Haha 2