Disney Treasure as first time on DCL?

chloe173

DH and I (39 and 41, no kids) are looking at booking the 2nd sailing of the Disney Treasure. I assume it will likely be a sold out ship, given the ship's newness and that it's over the holidays. 

We have never sailed DCL before, and will not be in a Concierge room if we do book.

Would I have any shot at being able to get into Enchante and/or Haunted Mansion Bar as a party of 2 with no status? If it's unlikely, we're probably better off waiting a while for the popularity to die down...

On a later cruise, I'd say you have a good chance of getting Enchante, based on my experience with Remy on the Dream and Fantasy. On an early sailing, though, there will be a lot of people who want to check out Enchante on the new ship. 

I don't know whether Haunted Mansion Bar will require reservations, and if so, whether they will be booked in advance or only available on board. The Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish started with onboard booking, then moved to in advance, then within a few months ceased requiring reservations altogether. Since the Treasure is doing longer cruises than the Wish, it's likely that even if you do need to book a visit, you will be able to at some point during the cruise.

If you really want to be sure to experience everything on the Treasure, then waiting a few months will increase your chances. However, it appears there will be plenty to do even if you can't do everything. 

• Like 1