Nāwiliwili, Kaua`i options to see Na Pali coastline

ChiefMateJRK

We'll be on a Hawaii NCL cruise next Spring and are trying to find a good way to see the Na Pali coastline (the ship itinerary no longer includes the NCL ship visiting the coastline).  After preliminary research, we are considering traveling to Eleele and catching a Kauai Sea Tours boat tour of the coastline.  5 hours with food and beverages.  A few questions:

a) are there better options we should consider?

b) what are the best transportation options?  It's about 18 miles.  Uber/Lyft?  Taxi?  Rental car?  Anything else?

Thanks.

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

When in the spring? Are you stopping in Maui? I'll come pick you up :).

Thanks friend!  It's a Spirit itinerary that doesn't overnight in Maui.  DD's first visit, so we'll likely go see the Crater which will take up the majority of the day.😎

• Like 1

Well, let me know!! I'll be on island until the beginning May. I would seriously drive you up to Haleakala  if the timing worked out for us both. I will be volunteering on the west side so I will have a work schedule, but I'd do it! I'm always up for spending a day with complete strangers hahaha.

• Thanks 1

We're going to rent a car on Kauai, but we're going on the PoA. Turo is an option too. While there might be Lyft/Uber or taxis available, the distance of everything makes those a bit unrealistic. You could also book a tour with Viator or something that might include transportation from the port.

The most expedient way to see the Na Pali coast line is from the air, either Helicopter or Wings over Kauai airplane, depending on what you like better. Some of the helicopter tours will pick you up at the port. I previously did the doors on helicopter and enjoyed it.

You can also do it by catamaran, boat or zodiac, either from Port Allen (30 minute drive) or Hanalei (maybe an hour depending on traffic to get there). There is a variety of available ways to sail past the Na Pali, from adventure zodiacs to day snorkeling to sunset dinner cruise types. I've done Catamaran Kahanu's daytime snorkel one and enjoyed it.

There's also the Kalalau Trail, but it's a dangerous and 2 day long hike, so I don't recommend it for limited time cruise vacations.