Watersports platform on WindStar's Star Breeze

mapgirl34

'la ora na everyone,

We are getting ready to set sail on Star Breeze through Tahiti/Tuamotu.  I may be completely misguided in assuming I can spend many of my days using the ship's watersports platform.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  From my short time reviewing the forums here, it seems like you have to book snorkel tours to get the best snorkeling.  Does that mean where the ships anchor is no good?  Common sense tells me the water must be deeper and thus not as clear where the boat is, so I should expect to do more paddleboarding and above water sports than snorkeling, but it would be lovely to hear from some of the regulars here.
Thanks!

58 minutes ago, mapgirl34 said:

'la ora na everyone,

We are getting ready to set sail on Star Breeze through Tahiti/Tuamotu.  I may be completely misguided in assuming I can spend many of my days using the ship's watersports platform.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  From my short time reviewing the forums here, it seems like you have to book snorkel tours to get the best snorkeling.  Does that mean where the ships anchor is no good?  Common sense tells me the water must be deeper and thus not as clear where the boat is, so I should expect to do more paddleboarding and above water sports than snorkeling, but it would be lovely to hear from some of the regulars here.
Thanks!

No snorkeling but some swimming and holding onto the trampoline or mats or sitting on them. Still great fun! Too deep to see anything underwater.

Snapshot_202310289_031000.jpeg