how to swim with dolphins in mexico....help!

jennylane

we're sailing on the star on 4/18. i booked my shore excursions 2 weeks ago and was devastated to find out that all dolphin excursions in all ports were full. i then attempted to find a way to swim with the dolphins on my own, through a private company, but was told that the cruiseline books all available sessions, which i guess makes sense. has anyone had this happen to them? is there anything at all i can do? the cruiseline said to "check for cancellations" but i just cant imagine that anyone will really cancel. any suggestions would be most appreciated, and i would be eternally indebted to you! :)

Jenny

(first time poster)

There are two companies in PV that do the swim! One is used by the cruise line the other is not! The couple we went with in January used the non cruise ship one it was $99 per person, and they booked it online! They loved it, said it was so worth the time! I foudn all the info on this company for them in the Port Discussion boards for MExico. So just search there and you will find what you need! Good Luck! Or serach my name and it will be there!

we're sailing on the star on 4/18. i booked my shore excursions 2 weeks ago and was devastated to find out that all dolphin excursions in all ports were full. i then attempted to find a way to swim with the dolphins on my own, through a private company, but was told that the cruiseline books all available sessions, which i guess makes sense. has anyone had this happen to them? is there anything at all i can do? the cruiseline said to "check for cancellations" but i just cant imagine that anyone will really cancel. any suggestions would be most appreciated, and i would be eternally indebted to you! :)

Jenny

(first time poster)

I would suggest calling around - some third party agencies have "ins" with the dolphin facilities and might be able to get you in when others can't. Also, the full swim is easier to get into than the encounter (better too).

Archived