Dolphin Swim

Mrs Peel

Has anyone done a dolphin swim in Curacao?  I am interested in doing one when we are there in February. However, I  had shoulder surgery in October and I have a  6 month recovery period.  I am concerned about what you actually do with the dolphin.  If it involves pulling my shoulder at all, I would not be able to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hopefully this doesn’t violate standards since I haven’t done this, but want to help you gather info since you haven’t received a response in 10+ days…

The web site says they have several levels of engagement with the dolphins 

Encounter - 20 min in water “you get to stand in the water on a submerged platform while interacting with one of the dolphins“

Swim - 30 min in water “As you swim in the natural lagoon, the dolphins will join you 

All the way up to open water diving

if you stick to the Encounter you won’t have to do much other than stand and, from my sister-in-law’s previous reports, put your hand in the water for them to swim by.

maybe reach out to the facility and ask them directly?

info@dolphin-academy.com

Then discuss with your doctor.

i had a similar issue when I broke several ribs & collar bone before a Michu Pichu trip, I cancelled cuz the hike was too risky. 

hood luck @Mrs Peel

Edited by ColdCruise

Thank you so much. I did a swim with the dolphins in the Bahamas And we were in the water with them. They lifted us out of the water while we were holding them. I wouldn't be able to do that right now. It was a lot of fun though. I'm having trouble logging into my account so I am glad you contacted me directly.