Norwegian Cruise ship and itinerary cancellations

1412p0oi

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

This is  a really interesting strategy.  Does NCL charge the same price for refundable or nonrefundable deposits (my family usually books within final payment so I'm not familiar).

As long as you cancel before final payment, deposits are fully refundable (unlike RCL, which does charge a higher price if you want a refundable deposit). I, too, am a past final payment booker so have to pay in full as soon as I book. 

My friend has a family cruise booked for 2025 on RCL...after recently taking her first cruise on NCL, she wanted to switch their cruise but not being able to get their deposits back from RCL makes it cost prohibitive.

23 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

As long as you cancel before final payment, deposits are fully refundable (unlike RCL, which does charge a higher price if you want a refundable deposit). I, too, am a past final payment booker so have to pay in full as soon as I book. 

My friend has a family cruise booked for 2025 on RCL...after recently taking her first cruise on NCL, she wanted to switch their cruise but not being able to get their deposits back from RCL makes it cost prohibitive.

Switch to another RCL sailing, or switch to another cruise line?

43 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Thanks - my last RC cruise was the only recent cruise I booked outside of final payment so that's why I thought everyone might be charging higher fares for a refundable deposit now.