Marina Day in Caribbean

Vicky L

First, note that "Marina Day" — which is actually more like "Marina 2 Hours" — only happens when sea conditions in a port are pretty close to ideal; they won't take people out in kayaks and inflatables if there's significant wind or chop. 

I glanced at your itinerary and don't see a port I recognize as a regular location for a Marina Day, but others with more knowledge of these ports may chime in. The marina is only opened when the ship is at anchor (not docked), so your only chances appear to be in Rodney Bay (Saint Lucia), Charlotteville (Trinidad and Tobago), Isla Catalina (Dominican Republic). I've only been to Rodney Bay before, and it seems like a perfect location for the marina — but I can't remember if we had it offered on our two cruises which stopped there. 

I'm not a big fan of the Marina Day; but I know some people love it. I wish they ran zodiac shuttles to a quiet beach somewhere, as I'd rather sit on the warm sand and swim in the ocean than be towed around on a banana boat for a few minutes — but we all have our own ideas of an idyllic Caribbean day! 😀

• Like 1