USB ports on Viking Venus tvs?

PennyNC

Getting ready for our first sailing on a Viking Ocean ship; husband was asking me if I knew if the tvs in the staterooms have a USB port on them that you can access where you can plug in your own flashdrive to watch movies or look at pictures from your camera.  Thought perhaps someone else on here might know the answer.  Anybody done this?  We can certainly watch on our devices but we really like looking at our pictures each day on the big screen of the tv if possible.  Thanks!

I thought that I had seen this topic before.  Did a search and post #8 on a thread from September seemed to have the definitive answer (usb not accessible on tvs) - trying to paste the link so you can read the thread:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2961175-do-tvs-have-usb-ports-for-the-firestick/?do=findComment&comment=66030486

I spoke to the ship manager about this on the Neptune earlier this year and asked him about it.  The USB ports on the back are not accessible, and in his tenure on the ship, the ONLY time they got someone in to make it accessible was for a Bluetooth device to amplify the sound for a hearing aid passenger.  

Yep, there are no settings, inputs or such menu on the TV.  What you see is what you can get.  BTW, they "updated" the menu while we were on Sky last week and moved a lot of things, especially the recorded enrichment lectures.  

Stayed in a Penthouse Junior Suite on Sky in November. The second tv in the living area can be manipulated to get to ports, at least the HDMI one. Didn’t notice any USB but there might have been one. You’d need to be able to manipulate the remote to handle that so doubt it would work. 

How do I know this? Not because we used it that way, but because I had to make do it yourself repairs to get the standard Viking equipment hooked back up and powered on. 🤣 I originally asked for IT to do it but decided to take my vacation hat off and do it myself. 

DW and I don’t watch tv while cruising but it is nice to see the bridge cam. 

Edited by wine-wine-wine
Added USB info
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my belated thanks to all for responding to our question here - holidays were wonderful but hectic!  Thank you for the information - we will hopefully figure another way to enjoy what should be some wonderful photos on our upcoming Northern Lights cruise. 🙂

• Like 1