Quick review on Apex - 12/16/23 to 12/23/23 to Eastern Carribean

ken4556

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

ken4556 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Just returned home from a fantastic cruise on the Celebrity Apex. Unlike some posts on this forum, the sky is not falling; our Celebrity Cruise was excellent as usual.  We stayed in a porthole veranda cabin, forward on deck 7.

The ship was beautiful and spotless, great mix of ages (no floating retirement home), amazing entertainment, and excellent food.  There was music all around the ship in the evenings, production shows were fantastic, and we really enjoyed the game shows in The Club.  We ate dinner in the main dining rooms five nights, the Marketplace one night, and the Rooftop Garden one night.  All meals we had were excellent and I found the portions the perfect size.  We also had the premium internet package and it worked great, with no dropped phone calls nor dropped teams calls.

The shipped rocked in the rough seas most of the cruise, but the ship rode very well and we did not see too many people who were seasick.  We enjoyed the ports, especially St. Marteen and St. Thomas.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

• Like 13

Thanks for the review. Glad you had a good time. 

The way I read "the sky is falling posts" is that they are 90% some-level-of-elite and/or suite guests. For the rest of us hoi-polloi everything seems to be pretty good. We were on the Eclipse to Alaska in September and it was almost perfect. And contrary to what I saw someone write here - I have more than one Celebrity cruise under my belt (I think it is 7) and they were all pre-pandemic. 

• Like 1

Thank you for posting.  I’ll be on Apex 1/6 (so excited!!).  It’s wonderful to read your positive words. I agree with MagPie60, I believe the majority of dissatisfied Celebrity cruisers are in the higher echelons, although it’s true also that cutbacks and higher prices cover all levels, and all cruise lines, I’m sure.