OBC/Balance Due…is this normal, or a tech issue?

CruiserMickey

58 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

I just got an email from Celebrity with the following message:

image.thumb.png.39f67b932fcd4d4631d562a97f6e5d48.png

I have made no changes to my booking except changing from 8:30 Dining to Anytime Dining.

Has anyone had an erroneous message like this before? 

Yes, I have been trying to resolve this for nearly 5 weeks but no luck.  After I got that message, I started getting emails as well.  I was told it was a glitch but the emails are annoying.  Same type of message in my reservation online.  I have been repeatedly told it would be resolved by the end of the day but...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keesar said:

Yes, I have been trying to resolve this for nearly 5 weeks but no luck.  After I got that message, I started getting emails as well.  I was told it was a glitch but the emails are annoying.  Same type of message in my reservation online.  I have been repeatedly told it would be resolved by the end of the day but...

Thank you…at least I know I am not alone in this issue. 

*sigh* all too common of an issue. If you booked with a travel agent they will have to call in to get your OBC re-added to your reservation. Make sure you have an invoice showing how much OBC you had before you got the message.

If you booked yourself, call Celebrity and ask to speak with Resolutions. Inform them you simply changed your dining time and the OBC fell off, let them know you have an invoice showing you have the correct amount of OBC and that no promotions changed. They have ways to workaround the error and re-add your OBC to make you whole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OC_Voyages said:

*sigh* all too common of an issue. If you booked with a travel agent they will have to call in to get your OBC re-added to your reservation. Make sure you have an invoice showing how much OBC you had before you got the message.

If you booked yourself, call Celebrity and ask to speak with Resolutions. Inform them you simply changed your dining time and the OBC fell off, let them know you have an invoice showing you have the correct amount of OBC and that no promotions changed. They have ways to workaround the error and re-add your OBC to make you whole.

Thanks...that looks like exactly what happened. On the phone with Celebrity right now.  OBC looks to be back to normal, but the invoice is still showing $5000 extra than we should be paying. *sigh*

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

Thanks...that looks like exactly what happened. On the phone with Celebrity right now.  OBC looks to be back to normal, but the invoice is still showing $5000 extra than we should be paying. *sigh*

Yep it's a classic issue. Definitely why we need to have those invoices! If you don't have invoices showing the correct price have the agent look at the "Service History" and they can get it sorted.

Best of luck to you!

• Thanks 1

Just now, OC_Voyages said:

Yep it's a classic issue. Definitely why we need to have those invoices! If you don't have invoices showing the correct price have the agent look at the "Service History" and they can get it sorted.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks! After and hour and 20 minutes on the phone, it is all sorted out now. 

• Like 1

A similar problem happened with my cruise.  

Celebrity/Royal IT department is screwed up.

Unfortunately if you travel with Celebrity you have to keep checking everything to watch for their mistakes.

• Like 1