Singapore: Latest embarkation time for Celebrity Solstice at Marina Bay Cruise Center port

thuyronald

Hello all,

My family and I will be arriving in Singapore on embarkation day (March 3, 2024).  Our flight lands at 8:30 am and our Celebrity Solstice will depart Singapore at 5:00 pm.

I plan to book a van with driver using Kler Transportation Services https://klertransport.com/ to pick us up at the airport and then take us around the city before dropping off at the MBCC port.  Because my family has not visited Singapore before, I want to maximize the most time possible to see some of the main attractions.  Our group of 6 includes 2 elderly mothers that can not walk too much so I plan on doing quick photo stops instead of spending much time at those attractions.

I will email Celebrity to see if they can provide answers, but in the meantime, I'll post this question here.  Assuming we clear airport customs by 9:30 at the latest, is it a sound suggestion to book a 5 hour transfer/tour, with us being dropped off at the port by 2:30-3:00 pm?  Or should I play it safe and be at the terminal by 2:00pm?

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Singapore Changi airport is very well organized. So. you should be out from the airport in an hour or so.

Only thing I would never do is to fly in the same day the cruise departs. (assuming you are not flying in from neighboring countries) There are numerous reasons for flight disruptions and cancellations. I don't mean to scare you, but so many travelers have been at least stressed out for delays and some miss the cruise.

Singapore city itself is quite compact and you'll be fine seeing quite a few sights there within city.

Suggestions, Orchard road area, Chinatown + Hawker center for lunch, Clarke Quay combined with Fullerton Hotel (old post office) and Merlion, then maybe Marina bay from where it is a short drive to MBCC. If you have spare time after Marina Bay, it will be less than 10 min drive to Raffles Hotel and perhaps try the well known drink, Singapore Sling.

I don't know about Celebrity policy for latest embarkation time, my advice is to be in MBCC latest 2.00 PM - 2.30PM.