Time Zone - Booking Dining Reservations at Midnight

Rebels82

But do not be concerned if you can’t connect exactly at 12:00 a.m. as in our experience, it has taken several minutes to get access and reservations entered. Not sure why but do not panic. Being in CA, at least I am done booking by 9:15. If you can’t get the exact time you want, take the best available and use your TA or Oceania directly the next day to see if your reservations can be adjusted. Once on board if you want to make an adjustment, see the Reservations Desk for assistance. 
Also, IMHO don’t bother booking a reservation for the first night as that can be done when you board the ship and head to the Reservation Desk as there are always times available.  People are travel tired and often times just want an easier night to settle in before their Specialty Dining experiences. 
Have a great cruise, whichever ship you are on.

Mauibabes

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Also, IMHO don’t bother booking a reservation for the first night as that can be done when you board the ship and head to the Reservation Desk as there are always times available.  People are travel tired and often times just want an easier night to settle in before their Specialty Dining experiences. 

This is especially true of longer cruises (more days = more slots), where I've been told stories of crew walking the Grand Dining Room line 10 minutes before opening, offering immediate specialty dining seating.

...and still looking forward to a choice between calling Oceania and singing Auld Lang Syne when our window opens at 12:01am EST, Jan 1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Snaefell3

Now that is a great way to usher in the New Year.  What about snuggling up on the couch with a “Libation of choice” 🥃🍹🥂🍷 and your iPad and significant other at midnight and waiting for the O computer system to open for reservations?  After all, first things first 😇👍
Just “Bookem Dano” and have a great cruise.  OK, could not resist the Steve McGarrett line 🤪

Mauibabes

38 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

This is especially true of longer cruises (more days = more slots), where I've been told stories of crew walking the Grand Dining Room line 10 minutes before opening, offering immediate specialty dining seating.

...and still looking forward to a choice between calling Oceania and singing Auld Lang Syne when our window opens at 12:01am EST, Jan 1.

Are you on the 2/14 South America cruise?  Because there is an active roll call for it.  Just FYI

This has been posted multiple times, but I’ll repost.

If one is embarking the ship after a high turnover cruise, and the vast majority of passengers are just embarking likewise, then the chances of getting an extra Specialty reservation is high. This occurs on cruises where the ship runs repeatedly over an itinerary.

If, however, one is on a cruise with a low turnover rate and the vast majority of passengers are on B2B+, then the chances for that Embarkment day extra reservation diminishes significantly. All those onboard passengers, carrying over to the next Segment will have first shot at getting that extra reservation. In fact, for them it might not be an extra reservation, but one of their guaranteed. I have been on full Oceania cruises where only about 20% of the passengers have newly embarked.

To best evaluate your odds of getting that first night Specialty without a pre booking, carefully analyze your cruise, the embarking port, and if it’s a segment of a popular longer grand cruise.

3 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Are you on the 2/14 South America cruise?  Because there is an active roll call for it.  Just FYI

Not that one.  Sticking to Bermuda/GSK/E US Coast, and it's Roll Call.

Methinks these are times for as non-exotic travel as you can get, mundane even.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Not that one.  Sticking to Bermuda/GSK/E US Coast, and it's Roll Call.

Methinks these are times for as non-exotic travel as you can get, mundane even.

This cruise was already cancelled once in 2021 just a few hours prior to boarding a direct flight to Buenos Aires.  And that one was the most stressful planning leading up to the cancellation. I'm determined to lift that bad juju off my shoulders. But I take your point.