Time to kill after debarkation

heffa72

We will be flying out of IAH around 7pm the night we debark in April.  This means we'll have several hours to kill before flying home.  Any suggestions on what we could do and where we could store luggage.  Don't want to just hang out at the airport for 5 hours.

I don't know if there are any luggage storage options in Galveston, unless you can make arrangements with a nearby hotel for the day.  You may check into renting a car one way from Galveston to IAH.  It might not be much more expensive than other transportation and you will have the flexibility to explore Galveston and the surrounding area.  Webster, Tx. (25miles from Galveston) has the NASA space station.  Houston has a great Zoo.  Many more options if you have a vehicle. 

We have this issue too - our flight leaves HOU late afternoon so we cannot check bags until 12:30 p.m.  Which leaves us hanging in pre-security for at least 2 hours after disembarking and transfer.  There's zero options to pass the time - it sounds like torture.  But the problem is we arrive on a Sunday - so cannot rent a car in Galveston.  Enterprise won't allow it.  Not sure if there's another option.

There is a Cruise Stop convenience store across from terminal that will store bags for $5/bag.  But I've no idea how that works in reality.  I've seriously considered renting a car once we get to airport for three or so hours though.  If you've got that much time, might be worth it once you get to IAH.