Marriott hotels in Miami FL area?

Jose Zalfadilla

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Unless you are arriving late and just want a bed, it is always better to not stay near the airport.  Downtown Miami is a fun town with lots of local dining and nightlife options.

Thanks! Actually, that's exactly what's happening with us. We live out west and our flights to anywhere on the east coast arrive late, usually after 7:30pm or 8:00pm, so other than time for a few drinks at the hotel bar, it is pretty much straight to bed afterward. I lived in Miami back in the 1980s (the Disco era and dancing 'til 4AM) and moved to the Naples area after that, where we spent nearly 30 years, so we're familiar with Miami's ins and outs. So, just getting a good night's sleep is all we care about, no longer interested in seeing the sights or even eating at Versailles or breakfast La Carreta.  Point well taken, though! Thanks again.

The Biscayne Bay Marriott is likely the closest location to the cruise ships. But whether downtown hotel prices are worthwhile if you're not going to take advantage of anything there is your call. Getting in at 8PM after a long flight and then waiting a half hour for baggage, I'd be taking a free hotel shuttle to a nearby Marriott and then a taxi/uber to the ship late morning the next day after rush hour.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

The Biscayne Bay Marriott is likely the closest location to the cruise ships. But whether downtown hotel prices are worthwhile if you're not going to take advantage of anything there is your call. Getting in at 8PM after a long flight and then waiting a half hour for baggage, I'd be taking a free hotel shuttle to a nearby Marriott and then a taxi/uber to the ship late morning the next day after rush hour.

Current plan is to hole up at the Marriott on LeJeune Rd and Uber next morning to the NCL terminal. Anyway, I use Reward points for the rooms so the cost of any property is not a problem.

• Like 1