Bid Upgrade Question for Newer MSC Cruiser (only been on 1 MSC cruise)

Grumpella

I received the upgrade offer from MSC.  We am in a BR4, deluxe balcony, no drink and wifi package.

To bid for the Yacht Club, $1270 per person is considered a strong bid.

My question is, if someone was already in say an Aurea Balcony and paid more than us, would their strong bid be less than $1270 person?  So basically is it the total amount of the money you will have spent, with the original cabin plus the upgrade offer?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 hour ago, Grumpella said:

I received the upgrade offer from MSC.  We am in a BR4, deluxe balcony, no drink and wifi package.

To bid for the Yacht Club, $1270 per person is considered a strong bid.

My question is, if someone was already in say an Aurea Balcony and paid more than us, would their strong bid be less than $1270 person?  So basically is it the total amount of the money you will have spent, with the original cabin plus the upgrade offer?

Thank you in advance for your help.

It is not that simple, the aim is to maximise the value of the chain below you as well, so it matters how much people are willing to pay for the cabin you are in and what people below them will pay for the cabin they are in...

18 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It is not that simple, the aim is to maximise the value of the chain below you as well, so it matters how much people are willing to pay for the cabin you are in and what people below them will pay for the cabin they are in...

After searching around a bit, it appears the only way to bid upgrades w/ MSC is thru an email they send (as opposed to other lines where you can go to the upgrade site/place bid/etc).  Is that the case? 

I certainly won't complain about other lines IT departments after attempting to use MSC's.  I didn't think it was possible reaching a level lower than 'useless' lol. 

Edited by bucfan2

15 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

After searching around a bit, it appears the only way to bid upgrades w/ MSC is thru an email they send (as opposed to other lines where you can go to the upgrade site/place bid/etc).  Is that the case? 

That is correct, MSC outsource the process to Plusgrade and they are in good company doing that...

https://www.plusgrade.com/partners/

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

That is correct, MSC outsource the process to Plusgrade and they are in good company doing that...

https://www.plusgrade.com/partners/

Thanks...had already discovered that. Was just a bit confused in why they choose the email option as the only way to bid (as opposed to bidding either thru the email or plusgrade site like other cruiselines). 

We're new to MSC.  Certainly not impressed w/ their IT stuff, and would be lying if we said we weren't concerned about our upcoming YC experience (particularly after reading reviews). We're holding on to the 'only whiners complain' mantra and hoping it plays true. 

Edited by bucfan2

On 12/30/2023 at 1:19 PM, bucfan2 said:

We're new to MSC.  Certainly not impressed w/ their IT stuff, and would be lying if we said we weren't concerned about our upcoming YC experience (particularly after reading reviews). We're holding on to the 'only whiners complain' mantra and hoping it plays true. 

Which ship are you going on? I’ve been in YC on Grandiosa, Virtuosa and Euribia all have been brilliant! About to go on YC World Europa next week. I’m sold on the product! 😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Which ship are you going on? I’ve been in YC on Grandiosa, Virtuosa and Euribia all have been brilliant! About to go on YC World Europa next week. I’m sold on the product! 😊

Seascape