dolphin swim needed! help!!

jennylane

i'm going to mexico (acapulco, ixtapa, cabo and puerto vallarta) in mid april on the norwegian star. i attempted to prebook a dolphin swim and was horrified to discover that ALL of the times at ALL of the stops were sold out!!!! does anyone know of ANYthing that i can do??? are there any private companies i could contact? is there a snowballs chance in you-know-where that there will be cancellations once we're on the cruise and i'll be able to get a spot? any help would be greatly appreciated!!! (and my husband will be forever grateful, as he is soooo tired of hearing me whine about the dolphins!!)

Jenny

My granddaughter and son-in-law did the Dolphin Swim in Ixtapa. They had a great time and DH and I watched the activity poolside. Don't remember the name of the place but you can probably use Dolphins, Ixtapa and google for the location. Good Luck. It was a highlight for them.

puertovallertatours.org...I booked that directly when I was there in Dec. o5..it was awesome...and they offer tours that are not available with the ship....good luck! You will have the time of your life!!! LuAnn

my hubby didnt want me to switch dolphins to puerto vallarta because we're booked for the canopy adventure which is the only thing he wanted to do. still, i'd have bumped his activity if i needed to!!! anyway, after talking to the cruiseline (ncl) and getting a bit of the runaround, i finally asked the reservations person (again, at ncl) who said they would forward my message. i had told them i hadnt gotten a reply when i had asked if any other date/time had availabilities. anyway, just this morning i received an email from ncl saying that i was confirmed for the dolphin swim in acapulco! whew!!! i currently dont have an activity planned for ixtapa so i'm tempted to try to self-book something at the ixtapa place as well! thanks so much for everyone's help/suggestions!

here's another question....do the water parks have lockers to store our stuff? some people have suggested "water wallets" but i just cant imagine hanging onto a dolphin with a water wallet around my neck.

Jenny

I think I do remember lockers at the Ixtapa pool. Nobody in our group needed to use them because DH and I just watched the swim and had all their stuff with us. This place in Ixtapa is kinda at the end of the hotel zone there so there is a beach that you could go to after the swim. I think there were shops close by as well. We had all taken the Ixtapa Island ship excursion before the swim. The bus driver dropped us off at the dolphin place on the way back and after the swim we taxied back to the ship. Made a very nice day. We were on Carnival Spirit. We liked Ixtapa Island too.

yes, thats great to hear about the lockers. my husband is a bit overprotective of his things, to put it mildly. and so i could just picture the nervous breakdown he was going to have if he had to leave things unattended. thanks much!!

Before the dolphin swim, you'll have to take off everything (except bathing suit, of course), i.e. earrings, rings, yes, even your engagement/wedding rings as the dolphins have very delicate skin.

and no sun tan loction we will also have to have a shower before getting in the water with them . thats what i have been told anyways never had the pleasure of doing this myself but my daughter and grandson did and said it was a wonderful .

ok, you guys wont believe this..

last week ncl finally emailed and said that they had 2 openings in acapulco, so we added the dolphin swim for that. they emailed me a confirmation and i thought everything was perfect....

then this morning, i got a new shore excursion confirmation emailed to me from ncl. i panicked, thinking maybe they deleted the acapulco dolphins, but not only do those still show up, they've now added a dolphin excursion for ixtapa!?!? a while back i had asked them to check on ixtapa and use that as a backup if acapulco was full, but i certainly didnt ask for two?!?

sooooo what should i do? should i cancel it? should i leave it there in case something happens and we arrive in acapulco a little late? (our excursion is the first time slot there)

when it rains it pours!!

I'd look at the websites for both places and decide what looks the best to you and your time schedule, then cancel one or the other before you get charged for two. Not familiar with NCL, can you cancel onboard? That would save worrying about it before you start your cruise!

Archived