Second half of B2B. Do you keep your medallion or is it changed out?

Kabuki12

The reason that I am asking is that I will be Elite on the 2nd half, and somebody had posted that he was not granted elite status on his second half of a b2b. It took several days and his PVP to straighten things out, but he finally got it.   Was this an isolated incident or does it happen quite often? 

You can keep the same medallion or go to the service desk and get your new color.  

Are you getting status by cruise days or cruise credits?  That makes a difference, if you're hitting by days during the second leg, as unlike carnival, princess doesn't upgrade status during a cruise.  

But if you hit the 15 cruise credits on the first leg, you should get elite on the second.  FREE LAUNDRY!  That's all I ever wanted! 

• Like 1

I have seen reported here often that with a B2B, you keep the same medallion.  Now, if the pax "makes" elite while on the first leg I *believe* you can request a new one at GS with the proper color.  But it's not really going to make a difference in its use...

But the REALLY big deal is....NO SHIPPING! 😄

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

Typically, your Medallion will be used on both legs of a B2B.

Since your status will change for the second cruise, I suggest touching base with the Loyalty/Events officer during the first cruise to be sure you get your perks!  The Passenger Services Desk should be able to change your Medallions.  Some say it’s a matter of putting an Elite sticker over the Platinum one.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, justafem said:

You can keep the same medallion or go to the service desk and get your new color.  

Are you getting status by cruise days or cruise credits?  That makes a difference, if you're hitting by days during the second leg, as unlike carnival, princess doesn't upgrade status during a cruise.  

But if you hit the 15 cruise credits on the first leg, you should get elite on the second.  FREE LAUNDRY!  That's all I ever wanted! 

Cruise credits and I get 15 during the first leg.

56 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Typically, your Medallion will be used on both legs of a B2B.

Since your status will change for the second cruise, I suggest touching base with the Loyalty/Events officer during the first cruise to be sure you get your perks!  The Passenger Services Desk should be able to change your Medallions.  Some say it’s a matter of putting an Elite sticker over the Platinum one.

Thank you.  I will check during the first leg.  I don't care about getting a new or different color medallian as I just want the elite benefits.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

But the REALLY big deal is....NO SHIPPING! 😄

I got on the ship faster than the others that had their medallions the last few times that I cruised out of SF so I don't do shipping.