Best Parasailing in Mazatlan?

Kissara22

My husband just informed me that he would like to parasail. I've read that you can find them around the hotels near the "golden zone". Any recommendations on a particular company and/or hotel? Thanks everyone :D

There is no "best" for parasailing. They all seem to do exactly the same thing. I've watched dozens and dozens going out (while on the beach enjoying umbrella drinks) all up and down the beaches of the Golden Zone, and say again, they all seem to do exactly the same thing. The only variations might be the price, so negotiate a bit from their first quoted price and I'll bet you can shave five or ten bucks off the first price they quote.

HOWEVER, be aware, that you do this at your own risk. I'm not trying to talk you out of enjoying it. It is quite a thrill. None of the parasail vendors have liability insurance, and if there are any injuries, YOU will pay for the medical expenses. They really know what they are doing so medical mishaps are very few and far between. However, there have been a few deaths as the wind changed suddenly and a few tourists have slammed into a hotel instead of landing gently on the beach.

Again, this is a very rare thing, and I would still recommend you try it. Just be aware!

John

There is no "best" for parasailing. They all seem to do exactly the same thing. I've watched dozens and dozens going out (while on the beach enjoying umbrella drinks) all up and down the beaches of the Golden Zone, and say again, they all seem to do exactly the same thing. The only variations might be the price, so negotiate a bit from their first quoted price and I'll bet you can shave five or ten bucks off the first price they quote.

I agree. Even if you are shy about aproaching a vendor 1 or a half a dozen will approach you :)

...there have been a few deaths as the wind changed suddenly and a few tourists have slammed into a hotel instead of landing gently on the beach.

Again, this is a very rare thing, and I would still recommend you try it. Just be aware!

John

Ouch! I would find this very rare. It seems that the buildings are far enough off the beach that there isn't enough towing line to let the parasailor reach the buildings. Even at high tide an experienced boat driver would have enough time react to the situation.

Archived