will this be ok for formal night?

lilyfrog73

OK, i guess i will be the first one to say it....

This would be a great dress for the supper club, but it is not a cocktail or formal dress as the auction heading states.

if you feel comfy in wearing this dress to a formal afair than go for it, but most people will be alot more dressy.

Agree this is not a particularly formal dress. However, if it's not a cocktail dress (which is usually categorised as informal/semi-formal), then what is it? Love it, by the way.

Regards, Mary (who thinks that perhaps others wear this type of thing for trotting around Tesco's, doing the garden et al)

I see your cruise is on Majesty of the Seas. As this is a short cruise, it will be a bit less formal.

In this case, I think you will be fine. Dress it up with sparkly accessories.

If it were a 7 nt I would say perhaps go for a more formal look.

I agree that it's not really a formal dress, but you will see quite a few similar dresses at most formal nights. Accessories will make a big difference in how dressy it looks. It does look like a dress you can use again--in your normal life!--and probably packs like a dream.

I will be getting on that cruise as you're getting off! It will be my first cruise but the dress I got is very similar to yours. I have been debating on getting something more "formal" but have decided I'm going to go with the one I have. I think it looks very nice and like the other posters said this is a short cruise (not to mention a less costly cruise) so I really don't think either of us will look out of place in these dresses. We'll probably be more dressed up then some of the other people there. :)

Archived