Visa for China

Fletcher

10 minutes ago, Ellemdee said:

@HPfoodie Great!  Next hurdle is deciding what to pack. 

@Ellemdee yep … and how much! Concerned about excess baggage on internal flights and train. The temperatures differ so much on this holiday we’ll need a variety of clothing. 

On 1/1/2024 at 9:50 AM, Fletcher said:

I am thinking of taking a Silversea cruise in Asia and wondering about the Chinese visa.  To be honest, I’m a bit confused. I read that people aged over 70 can apply online but the official Chinese visa service website makes no mention of this and says everyone must attend a visa centre in person so their fingerprints can be taken.  The application form looks as fiddly as India.

As China is a fairly common port of call (my cruise would call at Xiamen and Shanghai), I wonder if any UK citizens on here can tell me about their experience obtaining the visa.

I know Americans like to be helpful but this is just for UK readers.

Thank you.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:50 AM, Fletcher said:

I am thinking of taking a Silversea cruise in Asia and wondering about the Chinese visa.  To be honest, I’m a bit confused. I read that people aged over 70 can apply online but the official Chinese visa service website makes no mention of this and says everyone must attend a visa centre in person so their fingerprints can be taken.  The application form looks as fiddly as India.

As China is a fairly common port of call (my cruise would call at Xiamen and Shanghai), I wonder if any UK citizens on here can tell me about their experience obtaining the visa.

I know Americans like to be helpful but this is just for UK readers.

Thank you.

@Fletcher I can now report that we have our visas. We went to Edinburgh and it was apparent that my husband didn’t have to as they didn’t take his fingerprints. He’s 70 - and when the info said ‘over 70’ we weren’t too sure whether it meant 71. However, not sure if he’d have to have posted off his passport so in the end it was easier just to attend with me. We managed to do the train fares very reasonably. Just looking forward to the holiday now. 

• Thanks 1