Alaska 2024 dress code

palive22

Hi all, 

Happy New Year! 

I am awaiting release of the dress code for my Alaska 2024 voyage on the QE but no update on My Cunard as of yet. I am surprised as I thought it would have been announced by now. As I expect it to follow the general pattern of the 2023 Alaska season dress code, I have already bought attire for an Ice White gala night, so I hope this theme does actually happen! 

Can anyone who did the 2023 Alaska season let me know when the dress code was announced for those voyages, please? 

It seems like dress codes would be one of the easier planning decisions Cunard has to make, but the emptiness of dress codes for QE voyages from March 2024 onwards on the 2024 dress code thread makes we wonder if it is as not as simple as I am assuming!

Thanks in advance :)

I first learned that the 2023 dress code and theme schedules were posted in My Cunard on November 24, 2022. That included most if not all all of the QE dress code and theme schedules for 2023. It definitely included the QE Alaska cruises.

It is odd that Cunard have apparently not released any of the QE dress code and theme schedules beyond the end of the Australia/New Zealand season in March 2024. I have not heard from anyone yet about the schedules for QE's repositioning cruise from Sydney to Japan on March 10, 2024 or any later cruises on QE.

I have also not heard anything yet about the dress code and theme schedules for QA. Not sure what the holdup is for the QE and QA schedules. They've released the entire 2024 dress code and theme schedules for both QM2 and QV as well as some of the 2025 schedules.

17 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I first learned that the 2023 dress code and theme schedules were posted in My Cunard on November 24, 2022. That included most if not all all of the QE dress code and theme schedules for 2023. It definitely included the QE Alaska cruises.

It is odd that Cunard have apparently not released any of the QE dress code and theme schedules beyond the end of the Australia/New Zealand season in March 2024. I have not heard from anyone yet about the schedules for QE's repositioning cruise from Sydney to Japan on March 10, 2024 or any later cruises on QE.

I have also not heard anything yet about the dress code and theme schedules for QA. Not sure what the holdup is for the QE and QA schedules. They've released the entire 2024 dress code and theme schedules for both QM2 and QV as well as some of the 2025 schedules.

To confirm, I just checked for our June Alaska voyage and still no Theme Night/DC info. 

Didn't QE's schedule come out later than the others? Maybe that's why the dress codes aren't announced yet? 

Maybe managing four ships is stretching the brain power at Cunard too far?

No word yet on gala nights for my July cruise on QE. At least one port doesn't have tours listed, either. 

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

At least one port doesn't have tours listed, either. 

Keep an eye out for Alaska shore excursions because some of the ones offered for our June voyage have sold out or close to selling out. I booked three excursions already, including a Mendenhall Glacier boat tour, and that one is already sold out.  

13 minutes ago, NE John said:

Keep an eye out for Alaska shore excursions because some of the ones offered for our June voyage have sold out or close to selling out. I booked three excursions already, including a Mendenhall Glacier boat tour, and that one is already sold out.  

I enjoy researching travel, so I check out ports and options early. I booked my Juneau whale watch as soon as tours showed up to be sure I'd get it. It's a small-group tour, maybe 15 people, and last time I looked, it had only one spot open. 

What's the Mendenhall glacier boat tour?

9 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I enjoy researching travel, so I check out ports and options early. I booked my Juneau whale watch as soon as tours showed up to be sure I'd get it. It's a small-group tour, maybe 15 people, and last time I looked, it had only one spot open. 

What's the Mendenhall glacier boat tour?

Mendenhall Glacier & Whale Quest

I'm doing the "photo safari" whale watch. It leaves kind of early and QE will tender when I'm there, so I hope booking through the ship gets me ashore quickly. 

@palive22, I think it's likely there will be an ice white night. And if they don't, I'm sure you can wear your outfit on another gala night. Is there a roll call for your cruise? If Cunard doesn't do an ice white gala night, maybe the roll call group can decide on your own ice white night.

9 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Didn't QE's schedule come out later than the others? Maybe that's why the dress codes aren't announced yet?

Yes, Cunard didn't announce QE's 2024 Alaska itineraries until early March 2023 whereas they announced the Summer itineraries for the other ships in late November 2022. You would think though that would still have given them plenty of time to work out the dress code and theme schedules for QE prior to late October 2023 when they stated posting the schedules on My Cunard.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Cunard announced QE's 2024 Japan itineraries in November 2022, so I can't come up with a good reason why we don't yet have at least the dress code and theme schedules for those Japan itineraries.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:08 AM, bluemarble said:

I'm on QE's Sydney-Tokyo repositioning cruise in March, and can confirm that today it still says:

"The dress code will be available closer to departure."