Voyager of the Seas Deck 8

We just booked our Mediterranean cruise and traveling with another couple. Our staterooms have been assigned and based on the deck plan below, you can see where I’ve circled our 2 staterooms. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is walkable space so that we can get to each others rooms easily? I asked our travel agent to book us as close together as possible but apparently this was the best she could do. Thanks for any info you may have re: this ship and deck!

IMG_1420.jpeg

38 minutes ago, cranshan0702 said:

We just booked our Mediterranean cruise and traveling with another couple. Our staterooms have been assigned and based on the deck plan below, you can see where I’ve circled our 2 staterooms. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is walkable space so that we can get to each others rooms easily? I asked our travel agent to book us as close together as possible but apparently this was the best she could do. Thanks for any info you may have re: this ship and deck!

IMG_1420.jpeg

looks like a dead end. check out the floor plan on the Wayfinder at 13.10

27 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

If nobody replies, we're on the Voyager in 2 weeks, I'll walk that one myself and see.

Very interesting as many deck mappers show there is space but it seems like about four feet at best.

Looking forward to your in person assessment. Thank you for helping us understand this unique situation.

Great question as I would assume from the original description that there is no direct path.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

Just got back from Deck 8 and the answer is NO.  

8211 is hard up against a bulkhead and None Shall Pass.  You'd have to go thru the gap by 8225 to get across.

How was your cruise on Voyager?

16 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

Just got back from Deck 8 and the answer is NO.  

8211 is hard up against a bulkhead and None Shall Pass.  You'd have to go thru the gap by 8225 to get across.

That’s a bummer but thank you so much for actually taking the time to look and share an update, so appreciated!! I hope you’re enjoying your cruise!!

On 1/15/2024 at 8:36 PM, Twenty2020 said:

How was your cruise on Voyager?

Honestly, if it's possible for a cruise to be on the 'meh' side, this one was. We'd never done a 5-night with RC and it felt a little more 'phoned in' than what we'd had on longer trips, and compared to other January sailings we did ('11, '12, '14, '15) we felt there were more kids aboard than on those 4 trips combined.

On a positive note, for the ship's age we expected the Voyager to be more tired and were pleasantly surprised.  RC is keeping up with the maintenance.

• Like 1