Laem Chabang Shuttle or Grab to Pattaya

CouponMaster

Hello,

I am arriving Laem Chabang as final destination on NCLPearl in Feb 2024 and is looking to go to Pattaya directly after cruise.

I've tried to search the information on the website but couldn't find the information for the transportation.

From some post, I see there is shuttle service going to Mike Shopping Mall in Pattaya and that would be perfect, but I'm not sure if big luggage is allowed on the shuttle service.

And from other posts, I saw people saying there are some place we can walk to to call Grab.

Has anyone has recent experience on the shuttle service or Grab service?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Leam Chabang is a port that is really short of information, with the same questions being asked, and hardly ever answered. I grabbed a picture of the Taxi prices hoping it would help someone down the track.

We arrived in Laem Chabang on Dec 22 with NCL Jewel. I had read about a mall shuttle service also, but there were no obvious signs for a shuttle service. Others we met on the cruise had issues finding a Grab/Bolt to Bangkok, I don't know of anyone who tried for Pattaya.

There is a taxi Mafia that operates from the port with fixed prices.

image.thumb.png.b18f78628fbaede95ae6536cff682b8c.png

USD40 (1,400THB) to Pattaya.

We originally booked our transfer with Thai happy taxi, but a couple of weeks out they increased the agreed price by 1000THB and offered a small car instead of the SUV we had been promised, and insisted on us sending them a deposit.

We ended up booking Jojo's taxis for a bit of a tour and transfer to Bangkok (I'm not allowed to post a link here), and it went well, happy with the car and driver.

NCL did offer Transfers to the Airport for USD$50 per person, but nothing for Pattaya. 

Hope that helps.

Pete.

Edited by petestrash
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to Laem Chabang or Pattaya.  But I've been told by a few couple companies/people that vendors must get a permit to enter the port.  So that, plus the taxi group mentioned above, may account for the fact that there don't seem to be many eager vendors offering their services.  I am taking a chance on a man named Jack Kosol, for our transportation between LC and a Bangkok hotel.  He was recommended on a Facebook group I browse on occasion.  His communication has so far been quite good.  We disembark in LC and he appears to know there is a port charge.  He also is aware that we may take longer to disembark as we are leaving our cruise a day early in LC and will likely have to go through immigration on the ship before leaving.  He says he'll wait.  He is not requiring a deposit.  He isn't cheap, but we indicated we wanted to stop one or two places on the way to Bangkok or to the hotel once in BK and he seemed very agreeable, with a price a bit less than what the taxi price board above indicates for this kind of thing one way in a car with sightseeing. 

On 1/2/2024 at 4:38 AM, CouponMaster said:

Hello,

I am arriving Laem Chabang as final destination on NCLPearl in Feb 2024 and is looking to go to Pattaya directly after cruise.

I've tried to search the information on the website but couldn't find the information for the transportation.

From some post, I see there is shuttle service going to Mike Shopping Mall in Pattaya and that would be perfect, but I'm not sure if big luggage is allowed on the shuttle service.

And from other posts, I saw people saying there are some place we can walk to to call Grab.

Has anyone has recent experience on the shuttle service or Grab service?

Thanks

You can contact "myguidepattaya.com" who should also provide private transfers from Laem Chabang port to Pattaya.