Comparisons of P&O vs Royal Caribbean vs Princess

59 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

People really should not underestimate the extra costs gratuities can add to cruises 

Don't think P and O get enough credit for the way they operate in that respect 

Of course the gratuities are discretionary, so you can cancel them, which since it should be an employers duty to pay a fair wage,  would seem to be the way to go to stop this nonesense, for UK  cruises at least

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:15 PM, terrierjohn said:

Of course the gratuities are discretionary, so you can cancel them, which since it should be an employers duty to pay a fair wage,  would seem to be the way to go to stop this nonesense, for UK  cruises at least

It should be the way forward.  P&O and MSC for UK booked cruisers have Graturites included. 👍

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 11:14 PM, Interestedcruisefan said:

It's a no from Pandamonia I think!!

Lol

I quite like Anthem. Food was good. Perhaps I don't fully understand how bad cruising is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have sailed Anthem of the Seas plus a couple of Princess cruises (Regal last time)

Pros and cons for both - really liked the indoor solarium area at the back on Anthem and didnt find it difficult to get a bed. Itinerary helped - Bahamas and Perfect Day but overall too family orientated for us (go carts, wave rider

etc) so wouldnt rush to do again

Princess was great - food excellent, particularly Alfredos which was complimentary at the time. When it worked, the medallion app was great for ordering drinks and not having to constantly pass your sea card to the crew

As others have said, downside for both lines compared to P&O is the gratuities which is why we now gravitate to P&O

Pure comparison of RCL V Princess, we prefer Princess

Only my opinion but on Azura just now .. was on Symphony OTS last year and I genuinely can't find anything that P&O are doing better other than price. That's not to say it's all bad (will report once we're home) but would take 1 week on Symphony over 2 weeks on Azura 👌.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Only my opinion but on Azura just now .. was on Symphony OTS last year and I genuinely can't find anything that P&O are doing better other than price. That's not to say it's all bad (will report once we're home) but would take 1 week on Symphony over 2 weeks on Azura 👌.

Things would have to be super bad on one cruise ship or spectacular on another for me to prefer one week on one cruise ship over 2 weeks on another

Having said that - when I spend big money on a Michelin meal I justify it by saying I would rather eat that meal once than 3 or 4 average meals elsewhere 

But I've never not really enjoyed a cruise yet tbh whoever we've sailed with and wherever we've sailed 

Then  again we try to find and use all the best places on all the ships we go on

So we always enjoy them

So far!!!

Azamara 12 nights from Cape Town coming later this month

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Things would have to be super bad on one cruise ship or spectacular on another for me to prefer one week on one cruise ship over 2 weeks on another

Having said that - when I spend big money on a Michelin meal I justify it by saying I would rather eat that meal once than 3 or 4 average meals elsewhere 

But I've never not really enjoyed a cruise yet tbh whoever we've sailed with and wherever we've sailed 

Then  again we try to find and use all the best places on all the ships we go on

So we always enjoy them

So far!!!

Azamara 12 nights from Cape Town coming later this month

It's not all been bad on Azura...but if Azura was £500pp and Symphony OTS was £900pp I think I'd do the Symphony OTS and I guess that's where I took that from. I'm normally a budget cruiser btw, the cheaper the better. And several points on Azura have been better than MSC Seaview although I still think MSC would still come slightly higher on my list than P&O at the moment (not to say that if we sone Fantasia or a smaller MSC boat we'd think the same)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, amurray88 said:

Having been on azura and Oasis the same class as Symphony i wouldnt be able to compare them fairly as they are totally different class of ships. , size, style, features, things to do etc. i agree symphony blows the older p&O ships out of the water every time. However if i was looking at say symphony vrs Arvia/Iona it would be a harder decision as i enjoy both classes. The difference in price would be a major factor. But then i have a 10 year old so its more of a ship entertainment factor in my decision making and azura would just be itinerary only. 

• Like 2