Bonaire restaurant suggestions

wildcats40

My parents had to cancel their golf cart reservation due to health reasons (back pain) so I'm trying to find a good local restaurant that they might enjoy.  They don't mind getting a taxi to go somewhere as that gives them a chance to see the island a little.  They aren't beach people but would enjoy a nice view of the water would be a plus.  Thanks ahead for any suggestions.  

A easy walk from the pier along the waterfront is Karel’s Beach Bar, which is a lovely restaurant that is on a large shaded pier jutting out into the water.  The sea there is shallow and clear, and lots of fish swim around the pier hoping for bread to be thrown to them.  It is within sight of the cruise ship, and on one of the two main shopping streets, so your folks will be able to easily shop downtown, see the cruise ship market, and walk back to the ship.   My husband and I live on Bonaire, and we often go to Karel’s to remind ourselves why we live here.  Gorgeous views and great food.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3