HELP: flying home from a Caribbean port?

SV-650-Girl

My BF and I are scheduled to leave on the Sun this Saturday along with my family. They have planned this trip for months (it was our surprise Christmas present). Unfortunately, a very close friend of my BF and I just passed away. At this point even though we were so looking forward to our cruise we would rather not even go.

My question is this: we would really like to be back home for the service on Saturday, April 1. I was considering trying to disembark in Cozumel and changing our air fare so that we can fly out either Thursday evening or Friday morning. Has anyone had any experience with NCL and disembarking early in a port?

I would really appreciate any advice.....I'll need to call my parents TA right away.

My BF and I are scheduled to leave on the Sun this Saturday along with my family. They have planned this trip for months (it was our surprise Christmas present). Unfortunately, a very close friend of my BF and I just passed away. At this point even though we were so looking forward to our cruise we would rather not even go.

My question is this: we would really like to be back home for the service on Saturday, April 1. I was considering trying to disembark in Cozumel and changing our air fare so that we can fly out either Thursday evening or Friday morning. Has anyone had any experience with NCL and disembarking early in a port?

I would really appreciate any advice.....I'll need to call my parents TA right away.

I am sorry your friend passed away.

I think you should contact the cruise line asap --- I have heard that it is a problem to disembark early on certain cruises, but I have no experience in this area, so I don't know.

I hope it works out for you.

There was discussion of this last month and I believe that they willnot let you disembark in a foreign port unless there is an extreme emergency because of custom and immigration issues.

I am sorry about your loss. If I were your friend, I would want you to enjoy your cruise and celebrate my memory, perhaps this is an option?

for the responses and your condolences. Our friend was a very special person who will deeply be missed.

It does appear, after speaking with my parents TA, that it would be impossible for us to disembark in Cozumel. Apparently we would be in violation of the Jones Act.

We will just have to find a special way to celebrate our friend on the ship.

Archived