Do you need Yellow Fever or other vaccines certificates to visit Argentina, Chile, Falkland Islands and Uruguay?

gam888

We are sailing with Sapphire Princess on February. The countries we will visit on the Sapphire Princes are Argentina, Chile, Falkland Islands, Uruguay. We will not be going to Iguazo Falls. Would anyone know if Princess requires any vaccine certificate for Yellow Fever, or other vaccines to enter into these countries? We already have Covid 19 and Hepatitis A and B. Thank you in advance.

Your best bet to see if the cruise line requires them is to ask the cruise line. 

That said, we did a similar itinerary last year that did include Iguazu falls and we did get the yellow fever shots. There is a list of recommend vaccinations for a trip to South America. We got all of them. Our insurance covered everything but yellow fever I think. Hep A, rabies, and we made sure all the regular ones like :measles, mumps, rubella, diphthera, tetanus, ect were up to date. 

• Like 1

I was on a cruise to those countries in march 2023, and nothing beyond a covid vaccination certificate was required (or suggested!) and I’m not sure it was the countries that even cared about covid, I think it was hollland America.   

If they were needed, the line should tell you with plenty of notice 

Based on what I have read on my cruise line's information and the CDC and US state department websites, none of those countries require yellow fever vaccination. Check out those websites if you have questions or visit a local travel clinic for more info.

From what I can tell, a stop at Devil's Island can be the reason a Yellow Fever vaccination is required.  I was told some countries require it for entry after a visit there but don't know if that is accurate.