Mini-suite upgrades on Diamond

Rhodes727

I would love to hear from anyone who recently sailed in a mini-suite on the Diamond Princess as to whether the upgrades for these cabins are in place.

Also, your overall opinion of the ship.

Thanks

Rhodes727

We sailed the Diamond in Feb and liked the mini suite very much. Great closet space, a 5 ft. couch, plenty of storage space and a usable fridge. The balcony was a little bigger but uncovered on Dolphin deck. Definately more room than standard veranda cabins.

We have requested "no upgrade" on Diamond and CB simply because we don't want the uncovered balcony.. had one once on an upgrade and it was wonderful the four days it wasn't rainy but even on nice days it was really really hot out there when our side was facing west in the late p.m. For that reason we just enjoy our "chosen" balcony cabin now on Baja or Aloha deck.. for us the balcony that's covered is more important than the extra space (but then I'm a light packer)...

I would love to hear from anyone who recently sailed in a mini-suite on the Diamond Princess as to whether the upgrades for these cabins are in place.

Also, your overall opinion of the ship.

Thanks

Rhodes727

I think that the OP was referring to the "suite" upgrades such as the new mattresses, upgraded linens etc. I am pretty sure there was another thread that indicated these amenities were already in place on the Diamond.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316040

Archived