Bottled Water

1 minute ago, realnice46 said:

I guess that policy means no insulated beverage containers?

If you mean a refillable water bottle or tumbler, you can bring one and fill on the ship but I think it has to be empty when you board.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ladysoleil said:

If you mean a refillable water bottle or tumbler, you can bring one and fill on the ship but I think it has to be empty when you board.

Thank you

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ladysoleil said:

but I think it has to be empty when you board

It only needs to be empty when going through security.  Yes, at ports that is when you board, but at embarkation that is prior to the check-in desk.  Once in the terminal you can fill it and bring it on full...

• Like 1

when refilling, for safety and hygiene purposes, NCL requires at the buffet that you fill a glass with your beverage, then transfer that beverage from the glass to your reusable container. your container should never be anywhere near the beverage dispenser/spigots.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hallux said:

It only needs to be empty when going through security.  Yes, at ports that is when you board, but at embarkation that is prior to the check-in desk.  Once in the terminal you can fill it and bring it on full...

Thanks, that's a helpful clarification. I usually always board with an empty bottle to reduce weight in the bag, but depending on how long the line is to board, might be a good idea to fill er up. 🙂

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

when refilling, for safety and hygiene purposes, NCL requires at the buffet that you fill a glass with your beverage, then transfer that beverage from the glass to your reusable container. your container should never be anywhere near the beverage dispenser/spigots.

What's your opinion on using cabin tap water vs. buffet dispensers?

I would expect the same water unless the buffet uses additional filtering.

Otherwise, it should be sourced from the same supply.

I have always almost found the ship tap water to be fine.  I say almost because I think for a day or two one cruise it had a bit of a chemical taste.

If I can get bottled water free of charge, or cheap, I do.  Often in port in Europe 1 liter bottles are a euro or less in public (non-tourist trap) areas.

2 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

My last few cruises I pretty much lived on the tap water from my cabin.  Zero issues.

6 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I would expect the same water unless the buffet uses additional filtering.

Otherwise, it should be sourced from the same supply.

It's the same water, but the water at the buffet is carbon filtered. That removes the chlorine taste.

NCL uses chlorine to sanitize the water just like many municipalities. My town does not, and uses a "less stinky" sanitation method. I can taste the chlorine in the tap water. Water from the buffet tastes pretty good. You can also let the water from the tap "sit out" for a few hours and let the chlorine degrade naturally. (I still like the carbon filtered water from the buffet better than this solution).

43 minutes ago, fshagan said:

It's the same water, but the water at the buffet is carbon filtered. That removes the chlorine taste.

NCL uses chlorine to sanitize the water just like many municipalities. My town does not, and uses a "less stinky" sanitation method. I can taste the chlorine in the tap water. Water from the buffet tastes pretty good. You can also let the water from the tap "sit out" for a few hours and let the chlorine degrade naturally. (I still like the carbon filtered water from the buffet better than this solution).

Thanks for that info.

• Like 1

Part of the reason I always upgrade to the P+ beverage package is so I can get Aqua Panna water.  I probably drink 6 of them a day.  It's so good (and worth it, IMO)

• Like 1